Letting him be the kid he is.

TRIGGERS: MENTIONS OF GUNS AND SWORDS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

↣With You↢

You were still tense about your whole interaction with Technoblade and your mind kept racing about. You shook your head as the town came into sight and you relaxed. Today was about Tommy and that's all you were going to allow yourself to think about. Of course that didn't work and the situation with the stupid bandit was still playing in the back of your head. Was he right? Did you just pretend that you hated him to cover up that you loved him? No, no - of course not, he kidnapped you. You could never fall for him, that would be insane! You tried to shake off the thought again and started humming one of the songs Wilbur had played for you.

As you rode further into the kingdom's town, you could see a recognisable, tall blonde boy's head and you instantly knew that was the person you had been looking for. You hopped off your horse and tied it's reins tightly to a fence. "TOMMY!" You called out to him whilst running towards him, he turned his head to the direction of your yell and he smiled at you. He walked towards you and the two of you met in the middle. "Hey your highness!" He didn't address you the same way Wilbur did which felt odd. "You can just call me Y/N, Tommy. We're friends now!" He nodded and put his arm out for you to hold like Wilbur had done when you went on a walk with him around the gardens for the first time.

"So, what would you like to do Y/N?" He turned his head to face you and you stopped, forcing the taller boy to stop too. "No, no. Today is about you, so what do YOU want to do Tommy?" You had emphasised 'you' by poking a finger into his chest. "Could we go shopping at the market? Specifically the cake stall?" He scratched the back of his neck with his free arm. "You don't have to ask Tommy, like I said - Today is about you so we can do whatever you want." You smiled up at him and he nodded.

You had bought him a slice of sponge cake with raspberry jam in between the two layers while you had got a slice of {Favourite cake flavour} "So, what's it like being the heir to L'manburg's little brother and right hand man? The biggest right hand man?" When you had first met him, he kept calling himself a big man so you thought it would be nice to call him that and it did, he grinned at you. "It's pretty cool but it can get lonely since I don't get to go to the meetings with Wilbur. I wish Tubbo could have came with us but rival president shit or whatever- Fuck I shouldn't of said that" He slapped a hand over his mouth and his eyes filled with terror. "Relax, I won't tell Wilbur" You ruffled his hair and smiled at him, this instantly made him relax while nodding.

You had taken him to play with some of the guards' muskets, real weapons compared to what he told you about what he used to train with, you watched him spar against one of the guards in training. "You know, that blonde kid has some real potential if he practices more." Sapnap nudged your shoulder, he trained all the guards that wanted to go and fight against other kingdoms if war ever came. George trained the guards who wanted to protect the palace and the members of the royal family. You nodded, making a mental note to tell Tommy so you could give him a confidence boost. His body trembled as he held a diamond sword, he had told you that he normally trained with wooden swords. You cheered him on and he smiled, getting right into sparring with his opponent.

The rest of the day was filled with joy and bliss, the two of you were sad when it had ended but you were happy you had experienced it. You sent him back to the inn with a portrait of you two hugging so he could keep it to remember the day. You had one of you and Tommy completing hearts with your hands and grinning at each other, the palace painter had it hung up in your room immediately after it had dried so when you got back to your room after dinner you stared at it for 15 minutes straight - grinning at how happy you had felt the entire day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 764

A/N: I know I haven't updated in a while but thats because I was working on the new book called Locked In Love, the first chapter is out and it is a Wilbur x fem!OC but I dont mind you imagining yourself as the oc <3

Drink some water and eat some food loves. xxx