Chapter 20: Aftermath part 2

-Kara pov-
Everything has been going smoothly. The town is getting rebuilt in time for our first holiday together! The DEO has been opened back up in full force too. Apparently the president saw the need to get overturn the other order of shutting them down.

J'onn turned down the head position and gave it to Alex. Alex had a conversation with me and Cat about it. Cat and I told her she could do it and she was so happy. This is the position she was removed from because our home was safe.

The only thing that will remain of Darkseid is the trauma and memories. He went through that portal dead and I am happy. Oh the newly appointed Mayor is about to speak!

"I Uh..hello!" The girls chuckle and I shake my head with a smile "I am deeply saddened at the passing of our Mayor but I am thankful in your belief in me! It is nice to know that I have shown I can be a trusted ally! My first thing is to memorialize this park in honor of our old Mayor that we lost..so from now on this park shall be Hunfington Park! The second thing is I am so proud of how everyone has come together! We are showing not only the bad guys but everyone else that we will not be held down! We will not wallow in self pity! National City is strong and we shall stand! We will rebuild this, not the same, but stronger and better than before! We will be more responsible, resourceful, and take better care of what we have this time around! We will be one of the best cities in California! Thank you!"

We all cheer as the new mayor waves. The marching band scares them as they play. We laugh again as they shake their head. Soon the National City high school choir stands to sing.

-National city High School Choir Singing-

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrow.
But if we are wise,
We know that there's always tomorrow.

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on.

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show.

You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem that you'll understand,
We all need somebody to lean on.

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on

You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on.
I just might have a problem that you'll understand,
We all need somebody to lean on.

If there is a load
You have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me.

Call me if you need a friend
Call me, call me, uh-huh
Call me when you need a friend
Call me if you ever need a friend
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me if you need a friend
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me, call me
Call me

"That was nerve wracking" I look at the new mayor as they walk over to us "How are you all? Besides laughing at me of course"

"Perfect Mayor Luthor" Lena glares as Kelly loses it "Take it sweetie! You deserve!"

"Remember I made that arm and I can have it not made in seconds" Kelly pulls the arm away protectively "Exactly"

"Cheer up" I point toward some young girls rushing over "Fans incoming"

"For you" Lena steps aside "Here for a photo with Supergirl?"

"No!" One of the youngest ones holds out a paper and pen "Xan we get your graph?"

"She is an adopted alien girl" A older one puts a hand on the girls shoulder "Your company has been helping make more of them have easier lives and not be outcasted"

"You all want pictures with me?" They nod and Lena looks ready to cry "Let's do it!"

"She looks so happy" I nod with a loving smile as Lena does the photos and autographs "We will make sure no parents try and sell them off"

"You all fail miserably at it" We all turn to see Winn smiling with Mike "Hello my family people!"

"What are you two doing here?" The smiles disappear and they share a look "What?"

-Time skip-
"HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME?!" Nia is being held back from killing Brainy "WE ARE A COUPLE! COUPLES TELL EACH OTHER THINGS LIKE THIS YOU IDIOT!"

"I can not physically be a idiot" Brainy sighs and looks at me "She will calm down"

"We all are upset but it is understandable why you are leaving" I pull him into a hug "Take care of yourself and then B"

"I always will Kara" He pulls back with a sad smile "See you in the future"

"See you" They all give hugs as brainy leaves "Nia?"

"Please just" She sighs and shakes her head "Leave me alone"

She runs away and a door slams. I sigh and look at Kelly. When I get a nod I go after Nia. I stop outside the door and take a deep breath.

I open the door slowly and step in. I close it behind me and stand in front of it. Nia is letting crocodile tears fall down her face. I walk over and pull her into my body so I can comfort her the best I can.

-Kara singing-

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

"You are ok baby" I lay down with her on the bed as she sobs "It will be ok"

I truly do not know that but you can always hope right?