Chapter 5: Suspicion

"So the flash of light we saw yesterday. Do you think it's got something to do with Morrigan Crow?"

The familiar voice of Laurent St.James crackled through the radio. "Almost certainly. Who else would be able to cause so much damage other than a Wundersmith?"

The reporter paused, her voice lowered before continuing. "People- People have been whispering whether these past events have anything to do with... The Wundersmith. Do you have anything to say about it-"

Jupiter shut off the radio, Morrigan groaned and Fenestra looked like she wanted to grab the radio and throw it across the lobby.

Ezra frowned in confusion. "Why do they think it's got something to do with me?"

"Cause everybody believes that Wundersmiths are all evil and that everything that goes wrong is their fault." Morrigan sighed. "I'm sensing deja vu here."

"This has happened before?"

"It's just... no one likes Wundersmiths okay?"

"How come?"

"Well, it's because..." Morrigan thought for a second. "It's because ages ago, there was this Wundersmith who... decided it would be a great idea to try to take over Nevermoor and because of that everyone now hates Wundersmiths."

Ezra frowned. "But... Why would anyone want to do that?"

Morrigan shrugged and glanced over to Jupiter. "Don't ask me. I don't know any better than you do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was around lunch when the next major time-bubble struck.

This time, instead of lasting for about 10 seconds, it lasted a minute and instead of it being completely unharmful. Well... it was quite the opposite. This time it was the Wunderground and it resulted in many getting injured and 3 people....

Just like Holiday predicted, it sparked an uprising, resulting in the same thing that happened last year to occur again (how ironic) with slight changes. Instead of the Wunderous Society being blamed for everything that happened, it was (apparently) all Morrigan's fault this time...

At least they don't know about Ezra Squall's time traveling incident.

"I think I should leave..." He muttered, avoiding eye contact as he fiddled with his hands.

"What?" Morrigan blurted out, "Leave? But you can't leave without being trampled by a bunch of crazed citizens of Nevermoor standing right outside." She pointed towards his bedroom door.

"No-no-no I don't mean leave the hotel." Ezra sighed as he closed his eyes. "I mean, leave this time period." He looked at Morrigan. "Go back to where I came from."

Morrigan paused for a few seconds. That does sound like a good idea. I mean, all these problems started when he arrived here so maybe if he goes back it will all be over.

"But how are we going to get you back? I mean." Morrigan threw her arms out. "I don't even know how you even managed to get here in the first place!"

"I can try to go back through the Ghostly Hour in the Wunderous Society..." Ezra pointed out.

"But how are you supposed to do that?" Morrigan sighed. "I mean, how are you supposed to even get into the-'' Suddenly an idea hit her. Morrigan smiled as a plan started forming in her head. "Remember how you managed to follow me through the station door to Wunsoc?"

"Yeah..."

"Can you do that again?" Morrigan raised her eyebrows.

He smiled. "I can't see why not."