Chapter 6: The Gossamer

The next day he still hadn't come back. Fen said she didn't see him but what did she know? Ezra’s a Wundersmith. He probably could do many things Morrigan didn’t know were possible. Anyways, the point is he wasn’t here and it's not like Morrigan can just go look for him as she has Wunsoc to go to. She slumped down on the station ground next to Cadence. She didn't say anything which was good. Morrigan didn't feel like talking anyway.

"Morrigan!" Lambeth burst into the station out of her door. "Morrigan, there's something I need to tell you."

"Don't tell me… It's got something to do with The Wundersmith isn't it?"

She opened her mouth, but was interrupted by the banging of opening doors as the rest of the unit arrived.

"I had this super awesome dream last night!" exclaimed Hawthorne.

"Lemme guess…" Thadea rolled her eyes. "It has something to do with saving the world and being an amazing hero right?"

"What? Nooo." He sounded slightly taken back. "I'm an incredibly humble person, thank you very much. My dream was about being a super amazing hero and then saving the world."

"Same thing."

He ignored her. "So in my dream, there was this super-awesome-looking dragon that was terrorizing the city. It has gigantic teeth like sharp swords which can pierce a human to death with one swift bite-"

Morrigan sighed, blocking out their conversation she turned to Lambeth and whispered, "You said you saw something?"

She hesitated and nodded. "I saw The Wundersmith in Nevermoor." Her voice shook a little. "The sky was completely red as if it was on fire and you were there too."

Morrigan frowned. This didn't make any sense. The Wundersmith in Nevermoor? He's already in Nevermoor so how could this be seeing the future? Unless… her heart skipped a beat, she was talking about the other Squall.

"But Lambeth." Morrigan began. "Aren't you a short range Oracle and not a long one? Wouldn't this have already happened if you woke up a while ago?"

"That's what makes it even more strange." She frowned. "Maybe it's got to do with the fact that time is being affected so my knack isn't quite working how it's supposed to."

"That's…" Morrigan's brain tried to wrap itself around what she was hearing. "That's wow. I mean not wow, that's incredibly concerning. That's not normal, is it?”

"Exactly what I thought." Lambeth nodded. "Also, when I was having this vision, something wasn't quite right. Usually, it'll show just one reality, one foreseeable future but… this one felt like multiple faded dreams colliding with each other, fighting for the spotlight." She paused, her face suddenly filled with concern. "Morrigan… is everything alright?"

Morrigan hesitated, her thoughts still swirling. Multiple dreams and realities… the sky… Was she referring to the ghostly hours? Gosh, she needed to find where the heck Ezra ran off to. Things are getting way out of hand here and she needed to get him and shake him violently until he came to his senses. And maybe find some answers in the process. Maybe one of his teachers mentioned these ghostly hour shenanigans in one of their unrecorded lessons, who knows?

"Morrigan," Lambeth's soft voice spoke, “Are you sure you're alright? You know you can tell me, or any one of us for that matter."

"No no. It's fine. It's fine."

Morrigan could already imagine what her unit would say to this. They'd look at her with concern and they'd want to help and know the situation. She'd have to explain Ezra, explain the ghostly hours...