01 :: Traversing

━━━━━°⌜ 苦悩 ⌟°━━━━━

━━━━━°⌜ 苦悩 ⌟°━━━━━

"Isn't everything supposed to happen as it's said or thought?"

- HOLO (이하이)

━━━━━°⌜ 苦悩 ⌟°━━━━━

Upon that sunny day, amid the bonny waving winds, crepuscular visions evaporated into hoary and spiffing cloud. There came a real space for dreaming. As if lightning had blossomed into the most steady of comforting glows, comes the sunny day.

But it really wasn't the time to have been dreaming. Nor was it the time to have found solace in the nice weather.

"It's high time, Taehong." Fores said, zipping her bag close. "If you want to come, you can. If you don't, well... I have no issues."

"But then, what about mom and dad?" Concern filled his eyes. They were now big, and round, with a glint of pain lingering close. If you ask me, I would have been in much worse of quandary, living his life.

"Hmm," Fores hummed as if she didn't know how to respond to him. It wouldnt be a surprise if I said, she really didn't know how to respond to it. "I don't know."

Honestly, I might sound a bit parti pris about claiming this one life but I do not want them stepping out of this shelter. The world outside is fiendish and I am not playing with words, this world right at the moment is by far the worst of what I have seen till now.
There are guns, and barrels and fire, the smoke makes my blood run cold. Even though I don't have such a thing. And the poison in the air suffocated even me.

Wait, the war hasn't commenced yet but their feet into the outer land would be the stepping stone to catastrophe.

"I know what happens in that mind of yours, Fores."

Fores' head jerked to the side, and I was surprised to have caught sight of Taylor making her entry. She didn't have much written on her face. Well, there wasn't exactly a time I'd seen her wearing her heart on her sleeves, so I'm not going to grumble about that.

"W-What do you mean?" Fores was suddenly floundering with her words.

Taylor only had a smile. A smile that was just there for the sake of it. Maybe smiling had always been a kind of chore for her, for it never seemed guileless.

"You want to go outside, don't you?"

"Maybe."

"You're an adult, or so you may feel. It's not my place to restrict you anymore, even if I do feel it's not exactly the right time to move about. Outside the house, I mean."

Silently I had been imploring for her to have thoughts about that absurd notion of hers, a second time.

"I'll be out for just an hour, mom. Really." It was almost as if she'd been asking for dispensation. Only adults who had a job to go about on could walk undaunted. The situation was such. And Fores wasn't an adult. Yet. At least in the eyes of the law.