𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

D E D I C A T I O N

D E D I C A T I O N

dedicated to my mother, for all her support and trust in me and all her words of encouragement that makes me feel like i'm the best.

dedicated to my friends, for not letting me kill this book as it grew and for encouraging me to keep writing.

dedicated to myself! my skills have improved and if i don't dedicate this to myself, no one is going to.

dedicated to that particular man, whose daughter had published a romance novel in amazon. thank you for the kind words where you implied my writing was boring and made no sense because of the tough vocabulary i've been using. it hurt me, but i guess it fares nothing because your daughter was a big achiever. thanks.

G R A T I T U D E

G R A T I T U D E

It has been a very short journey with all you readers, I'm aware. I initially started off with the notion that I'd end this book on a happy note, still remaining in the dystopian Meos that I had so much fun while creating. But through some reading, I realized that wouldn't exactly set Solus Snippets apart from normal dystopian genre books, hence urging me to choose an unconventional, pessimistic ending.

I had initially wanted Taehong and Fores to rebel against the grandmother and have what we usually have in a dystopian story. The male lead and female lead fight together against a common powerful cause with a motive at hand. I even wanted Taehong to find the happy future he should've gotten, too.

I really wanted to get to that scene I'd once wrote in the Foreword, where Taehong is an older man and he's still safely wrapped in his mother's soul. I thought of depicting him towards his end, where Death finally reaps both, his mother and him.

It's not that I am complaining, because I like the sadness much more than the utopian dream people chase. I truly had fun writing the darker scenes, especially where Death seemed to be dwelling on their own thoughts.