04 :: On The Go

Warning: There may be a few graphic scenes involved

━━━━━°⌜ 真理 ⌟°━━━━━

"Let out your breath even more."

- BREATHE (이하이)

━━━━━°⌜ 真理 ⌟°━━━━━

The murky armour had been mephitic, the smell of the men's sweat combining with the non-absorbent fabric that lined it on the inside. The seams were phenomenal, however, not a single thread out of place.

"Wear it and blend in. That's the only option we have," Fores hesitated, as she pulled the armour around her shoulders. "It smells like shit." Her features contorted and pulled a disgusted face.

"Don't they, like, wash it?" Taehong asked, picking his set up by his forefinger. "Probably went a whole year without washing it."

"Doesn't matter," she uttered, finally pulling the filthy suit all over her body. She felt repugnant as she fixed the mask onto her face.

Taehong hurried after her, trying to prise the fabric so that it could hug all the right places. Even still, some parts remained flabby on his lithe figure.

For the first time, probably, I realised that they were more likely to fail than succeed. They say success is reaching the a mountain top with battered soles and then figuring out how to make the right shoes to protect those whom follow. But right now, I'm more concerned about whether they'll even have their soles by the end of it.

It was their entire existence that was on the line. I'd almost predicted his life span, but... I'd failed, momentarily. Not to mention all the fortuitous deeds that they kept engaging themselves in, resulting in a complete upheaval of my views.

"Let's just stay in one free tent, right now. Tomorrow, we'll just follow a group out," Fores suggested, and Taehyung hummed.

Taehong had his footprint embossed on the fine gravel on which the soldiers had set up their tents. Two steps in and light had started to bathe them. But there weren't any pairs of eyes scrutinising their movements, making it easier for them to skedaddle past.

Thankfully, Taehong and Fores had forced themselves menacingly, in a place that had the least number of people.

More than me being astonished by the fact that they had been one step closer to their predilection, I was surprised by the sheer willpower they possessed. He had gone all the way without complaining. There wasn't a time where he'd cavilled against her wishes. And that in itself was enough to restore a diminutive faith in them.

In addition to that, what possessed as another consternation was his mother. The shivering soul had lightened in color, had become pale. To such an extend that it could possibly not regain its former glory.