❝Paper Airplanes❞

Seora whose currently making doodles on her notes, lifted her gaze when their professor stepped in.

"Attention!"

"This year is your last school year which means you'll be graduating. Maybe next year or anytime,you will be all businessmen or businesswomen."

Smiles are painted on everyone's lips, filled with eager to see themselves graduating.

"So we only have three months left before the graduation. And I have no idea why Ms. Lee Seora still transferred."

The whole class turned their heads at her. She started to heat up from toe to head.

She pursed her lips,lowering her gaze. "It's because of some matter--"

Their professor chuckled, "forget it Seora. I was just teasing you. We're glad to have you here."

She lifted her head and looked at the professor in disbelief.

"So as I was saying, we only have three months left. I want you to make your banners for the graduation and also for our school camping. Do it with your seatmate."

The smile on Jungwon's face slowly dropped.

He slowly side viewed his seatmate and met her disappointed face.

"Like I want to be your pair?"

Seora rolled her eyes with her arms crossed.

"Tsk."

-
They both agreed to make their banner under a tree at the school playground.

"So what should we paint?" Seora started while folding her sleeve up.

"It's all up to you."

The girl sighed trying to hide her annoyance.

"What if we paint buildings? That represents our future jobs--"

"What? We were about to draw that." Seora was cut off when Saemi interfered.

Seora and Jungwon met eyes with Saemi and Jake who is just a meter away from their area.

"O-oh haha. T-then you can take that idea. I still have a lot in mind" Seora gave her idea to avoid misunderstanding between the two groups.

"Hey" Jungwon whispered slightly pulling her sleeve.

"Hmm?"

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Let it go Jungwon."

-

"And now what?" Jungwon asked who is almost fainting out because of the heat as they laid down the grassy ground. It's been an hour and they still haven't got an idea what to paint.

"Will you use your brain just for now?"

"I love using my body but not my brain. Gosh, this is making me crazy."

Seora huffed. "Jungwon please."

"Shut up."

Seora sat up and tried to think when an idea came in.

"What if we fly paper airplanes first? I'm sure we can get an idea after being refreshed."

Jungwon's eyes sparked in her idea. "What?"

-

"So before we let these fly in the air, we can write a wish inside the paper. They say it'll come true."

Jungwon aimlessly watched Seora's childish ideas. Still, he ended up doing it.

"In 3.....2......1....."

"Woah!" Seora cheered in the air as she chase her own airplanes as well as Jungwon who is low-key enjoying the idea of his seatmate.

In a snap of an eye, the two bumped in each other causing them to fall down.

"Ah!" Jungwon groaned in pain.

"Aww, my forehead" the girl exchanged groans of pain with Jungwon.

"Eysh. Can you look where you're going?" Jungwon blamed.

"I'm hurt too."

"Let me just go back!" He grabbed his paper airplane even though it was tangled with Seora's plane.

"Gosh this boy..." the girl also gave up and grabbed her own plane, following Jungwon to go back.

Unknowingly, the folded paper airplanes are exchanged.

-

The day ended with their unfinished banners. It's already late at night but Jungwon find it hard to sleep. He kept facing back and forth but still awake the whole time.

He stood up from his bed and sat in his study table.

There he saw his dreams pinned in photos.

The northern lights, rain in Paris and many more places.

On the other side was Seora also unable to sleep because of her thoughts. She opened her diary and red a lot about her dreams. A coffee shop, the Eiffel Tower and the silence in the village of Switzerland and many more.

Just then, she noticed the folded airplane beside her table while on the other side, Jungwon found his airplane inside his bag.

Seora and Jungwon's POVs

As I open the paper, my eyes widened. The message of the wish was the same but this isn't my handwriting.

My heartbeat start racing so fast.

Could this note be from Seora? ~JW

Could be this airplane belong to Jungwon? We were the only one who flew airplanes earlier. ~SEORA

The wish says:

❝I want to live.❞