Chapter Seven

James POV

It is extremely embarrassing, not only I couldn't remember my high school teacher, it has to happen in front of Net. He should have been little worried right? No! He definitely thought I'm an idiot for getting hit by a car. It's not like I wanted to get hit though, like that teacher of mine said people are so careless these days. The driver claimed that he was little drunk that time, that excuse he used still pisses me off. He wasn't charged that much as apparently I Survived. They told me to be more careful next time, such "concern" for the victim.

The next day was the weekend and I really needed one to take rest from the Whole situation, that's what i thought. However, Ray called and decided that he is gonna make a visit to my place, he is definitely not there to make a "visit". He shows up after 20 minutes infront of my house and he stares at me from head to toe, "so where does that Net guy stay?"

"God Ray! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Dude why do you think I am here?"

"You are here to make a visit so do it!" I need to drag him inside before he makes a scene out here.

"Please let's not talk about net today "

"why? something happened?"

"Well...the thing is"

It took me a while to explain what happened with my teacher and Net yesterday. Ray gave me a concerned look and opened his mouth only to spout nonsense again.

"Then let's have a talk with him and let's hear his say on it, it's not like you forgot your teacher on purpose."

I Signed, Ray never listens and how does he expect me to talk to Net outoff nowhere. It's a different thing if he talked to me first and at least show some concern, after all I was in a big accident but all he did was gave me that same glare. Anyhow It's not the main issue right now, what I need to do is have a conversation with my teacher and apologise for not showing respect.

"Hey let's go!"

"Are you still stuck on that? There's no way I'm going out there!"

"Don't be such a coward. You and Net both needs to talk it out for once or nobody is getting anywhere" Ray started pulling me towards the door, this guy is serious! I pull back to stop him, now there's a tug of war in the living room and before we knew it we are strangling each other with our arms to win. I try my best to win this war but this guy is freakishly strong despite of his look. Which is why he was able to pull me till the front door but before he could reach his hand to open the door, the door opened itself on our face. Actually it was opened from outside.

Ray and I, both of our hands still around neck, stared at the people standing infront of us, it's Net and one of his friends with a straight face.

Net's POV

"What are you trying to do?" Teri bends down and get close to my face.

"What do you think? I'm trying do my work and fix this thing" I point at the parts of the engine.

He roles his eyes this time, "What about that lawyer?"

So thats what it's about, like I said Teri catches on things fast so I let him continue.

"You need to talk to him"

I scoff, "Why should I?"

"Because I know you want to"

It pisses me off that I can't deny that, after all I'm also an idiot and I can't ignore the fact that that selfish guy got himself into an accident which could have taken his life. Isn't it a basic human emotion to worry about these things?

"It's not like my words are gonna heal him so forget it" I get back to my work but Teri insisted that I have a talk.

"Net, I don't know what is your relationship with that guy but we hate to see you struggling emotionally, that's not who you are."

I forgot, lately I've been showing too much emotion infront of these guys and it's not surprising that they are confused and worried about it but will talking with James really help? I can see the desperation on Teri's face to sort my feelings out.

"OK! Let's go!" I stand, "For the sake of childhood at least I should ask him about his health." Teri finally gave me a smile. I take him with me so that things won't get awkward between James and me.

I didn't know that I would get this nervous to talk to that guy, it's not like I'm going there to confess or forgive him, I'm definitely not going to forgive him.

Teri takes the initiative to knock while I just stand behind him, the knock goes unnoticed but we can hear some noises inside which proves that there are people inside. Maybe it's James and layla talking, in that case we can just open it as the door was already unlocked and these formalities is too weird for us and i bet it's same for Layla. This time I take the lead instead and open the door to find two guys wrapped their arms around each other. Thats the reason why people should never barge in uninvited.

Author's POV

"Are we disturbing you?" It's the first thing that comes out from Net's mouth and he says it while only looking at James, who has his arms still wrapped around his friend's neck unable to comprehend the situation he just witnessed. He couldn't believe his eyes and his ears, it was Net infront of him and shockingly talking to him.

Net always hated James more than anyone in his life but at this moment he hated the guy who had his arms around James more. Seeing these guys enjoying their time together, it was hard for him to accept the fact that James could be in love with someone other than him.

Luckily Ray was quick to notice the situation and jealousy on Net's face. He removes his arms from James and extends it towards Net to greet him.

"Hello I'm Ray and I'm James's friend." Ray introduced himself, he knew the guy standing infront of him was Net.

Net gives away an awkward smile and greets him back, "I'm Net" Ray smiles "this is my friend Teri"

"Oh hello Teri" Ray waves at the expressionless guy standing behind Net, ready to hold him if he falls. What a weird guy but a handsome hunk, Ray thinks to himself.

There is silence in the room for a few seconds till James comes back to his senses and realizes what just happened.

James's POV

I come into my senses and see that every individual gathered here are waiting for me to say something. I don't know what to say about this whole situation.

"layla is not here" I guess she is the one they came to meet.

"We came to...actually i came to see you" Net sounds angry for some reason but these words are what i've been Waiting for and whatever the reason I couldn't be any more happier than that.

"Can I have a word with you? Alone?"

"Yes!" I say immediately.

[A/N apology readers, been busy with work 😭. And thank you for waiting and for those votes. Love you ❤ ]