The Protectors

"...I don't choose to put the eyeliner on... And my hair just glows...."

"Surree it does.. Anyways, would you like to stay with me while I try to get your proper paperwork, or would you prefer to go back and join the rest of the guild on the dock?" Ritchie asked me.

"Hmmm.. I think it would be best to stay with you, and besides. I have a few questions of my own." I told him.

"Oh?" Ritchie questioned.

"So, the name Brandon has been brought up multiple times, and I would like to know who that is." I told him. Ritchie's face, which was previously a grinning one, contorted into a grief-filled one at the mention of Brandon. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories-"

"No, no.. It's fine. I should've known this would come up, just...didn't think it would be this soon.." Ritchie started. "You see, Brandon is my non-identical twin. Last year, at the Grand Magic Games, Grandmaster Jonathan and a few others turned on everyone. Some of us had our suspicions that the Grandmaster was evil, but something happened that nobody expected. You see, my brother and I are not from this world. We're from a world called Salode, a world without magic. We came to this world not by choice, but that's not the point. This world had counterparts of me and my brother. Again, we always had our suspicions, but we'd never actually met them ourselves. They appeared at the Grand Magic Games on Grandmaster Jonathon's side. They were our complete opposites. Brandon's counterpart was insane, while mine was full of bloodlust. They wanted revenge for taking their places in this world. Brandon and I got teleported to separate places with our counterparts. I was able to trap my counterpart, but before I could ask him anything about where my brother was, Viper swooped in and killed him, while something happened to Brandon to cause him to go missing."

I sat and tried to process everything I had just been told. Grandmaster Jonathan? Grand Magic Games? Evil counterparts? A different world? I suppose at least we both have one thing in common. We both aren't from this world. But evil counterparts? I don't have any evil counterparts. At least, not that I know of. I mean, of course, there probably is a timeline of me where I am evil, but I'll never meet that version of me. I considered telling Ritchie that I wasn't from this world, but decided to wait until Brandon was here. Besides, how do I know if there aren't other guild leaders? I'd prefer to tell them all at once, and even then, that's only if Khonsu allows me to.

"Do you have any other questions?" Ritchie asked me.

"Just two. 1; what are the Grand Magic Games? And 2; who was Grandmaster Jonathan?" I asked.

"Oh, the Grand Magic Games are an event that is held once a year. It is meant to show the people of Atlantide who the strongest guild is. It's also used to show off magic. To answer your second question, Grandmaster Jonathan was like the big chief of Atlantide last year. That was, until he betrayed us all. I'm still not sure why he betrayed us, but he did." Ritchie explained.

"I see.. I think that's all my questions for now, should we go on and start the paperwork?" I suggested.

"Yeah, we should."

*A Few Days Later*

Me and the rest of the guild have been living on the boat these past few days, since the island had been completely destroyed. Every once in a while, we would hear a dog barking. I still don't know how that dog survived...

I've gotten to know the guild better during this time, including the new person, whose name is Indoles. No one was expecting him, but then again, no one was expecting me, either. Indoles seems to be a very mature person, but every once in a while he will act like a young child. As for Inmo, I've grown to like him, despite him being very stupid and being named the same name as someone I knew. Inmo also seems to have developed a drinking problem these past few days. Despite how hard I try to get him to stop, he keeps drinking. And then he throws the cups into the ocean after he drinks them. David seems to have a habit of throwing Lucas his coat when he gets upset. Kit looks like she has gotten even less sleep than she did before. And Ritchie looks a lot better. Nothing's changed about Lucas, other than he keeps talking to the parrot, which I learned the hard way that it could breathe fire.