13: ᴡᴀʀ

Wave as the power erupts in two.

Celestine nearly has a heart attack at the brink of dawn's light, having come out for a quick breath of fresh air when sleep was not forthcoming to her restless heart, coming across her highness in nothing but a dark blue dress that went down to her ankles.

"Your highness!?"

She tentatively steps towards the small princess, reaching Athanasia in a few short seconds, and sees how her highness's lips were a light blue.

Her cheeks were pale, the mist shrouding her as if she were being cloaked in the grey fog, appearing as if nothing but a memory.

"Your highness, what are you doi-?"

She's startled at the sight, almost pedaling backward at the sudden scare as Athanasia reaches out, grasping Celestine's face with both hands, bringing her face close to hers.

Celestine can make out the gems of her eyes with frightening clarity and how they glowed with the force of the imperial mana behind her slowly growing lifeless smile.

Then- she vanished into the air, leaving nothing behind but golden sparkles that quickly disappeared into the mist, and Celestine stands there, shaken, and returns back to the tent, her shawl clutched tightly over her shoulders.

Claude stands in his room, the broken whiskey glass in his hand, his blood seeping into his robes, dripping onto the floor as he stared at Athanasia who had appeared in front of him.

"Ath-Athanasia..?"

He wants to step closer to her, to confirm if it was really her and not a figment of his imagination, but he freezes when she raises her head, her frigid gaze locking onto his own.

"Am I your daughter, papa? Truly, am I of your blood? "

He could tell something was off with her movements, something unnatural in her eyes as her smile quirked up on her waned face before falling completely- but how could he know something was off when he had never truly known her?

Perhaps it was because he had been through lifetimes with her- with them all.

"If only you weren't so blind, papa. If only you had acknowledged me at birth. If only. If only. IF ONLY. IF ONLY. IF ONLY, IF ONLY, IF ONLY- PAPA?!!?!"

 IF ONLY, IF ONLY, IF ONLY- PAPA?!!?!"