Love is Merely Madness

They say, you're not in love when you're not insane. but what happens when two insane people fall in love with each other? will they become sane or will they sank deeper to the abyss of insanity?

*.* ...

It was a very cold cozy morning, I've been awake the whole night, can't even close my eyes even if i really wanted to, because every time I tried, I could fell the stabbing pain in my stomach. Such a hassle. My eyes started to feel tired, atlast! but then I heard loud voices that disturbed my tired-mind. Oh! I see, a new patient had arrived, another insane or someone who is pretending to be insane is sent to Villete, a place where no one can escape and where genuine lunatics are sent. and yes, i was sent here too.

Rumours spread among each rooms, a madman who killed an old man is here. The first time I heard someone who's in VIllete who killed someone and not himself. And i had this urge to listen to who this wonder madman is. I'm not usually like this, im just a passive resident here, but com'on i haven't encountered something unusual recently.

A madman? really? Why exactly is he here? After we took our breakfast, I manage to visit his room; a room that was heavily locked like as if it is a monster's dungeon. I was standing at the door, trying to sneak a look at the person inside the "cage". The man was just sitting around the corner as silent as a mouse.

He doesn't look harmful at all. But I can't do anything to free him anyway. And well, its what im trying to do since i was sent here, and no luck getting out. Hearing small steps coming to my direction I rushed immediately to my room, but I can't manage to arrive there in time so I hid myself on a side pretending that I'm searching for something I had lost on my way. The nurses just passed by from where I'm standing, and didn't even bother looking at me. phew! I heard some of their chit-chat about the man who had just arrived.

"The police are still interrogating that man, according to the one who admitted him, he is one of those who suffer from having a doppelganger (dual personality disorder), they can't keep him in the headquarters because of his current situation, so they will be conducting the interview here along with the doctors, such a bother to us, as if we don't have so many lunatics to attend to, why can't they just simply lock him up in the cell." One of the nurses said.

I felt sorry for what I've heard. It's not his fault why he's born with that condition. In a world where everyone struggles to attain peacefulness of mind, how could one judge those people who does what they think is better and right? people outside just have to be more open-minded, coz not all the time, a sane person is always right. Most of the time, they do the most insane things, even though they already know it was. kind of scary but true.

No one can judge. Each person knows himself better than everyone does, sane or not.

I approached the nurses and quarrelled with them, I lost my control and went berserk, I knew I had problem controlling my anger and emotions, I didn't even noticed when my emotion exploded. i started shouting and mocking them, i just ticked off. Other nurses came to help, someone held my hand, the other grabbed my feet, and the nurse in front of me, gave me a shot of tranquilizer. I never had a chance to explain what I wanted to say, well, i actually have a hard time communicating with them, not my problem anymore. the medicine struck my brain and all went pitch black, and i was lost in the darkness, my consciousness left me without my permission.

When I woke up, I tried hard to remember what happened, (my head was still throbbing from the drug they've given me) but I can't seem to remember it, even how hard I tried it seems useless. The days passed by so fast, the man who was locked on that secured room was permitted to go outside and mingle with the others. I found myself constantly looking at him, there's this strong feeling of attachment that I felt towards him, i sound creppy. ugh!. A silent and mysterious type of guy, and he's hot, and now im becoming a pervert. So he's called Edward. He often talks to himself alone, that's considered normal here though. Sadly, no one dared to talk to him, guess they were afraid of him. You are, the voice inside my head interrupted my moment of self-exploration, thats what i called it.