5

The boar, golden child and brunette made their way back inside where breakfast was being prepared for them by their hosts, they had defended a small village from a band of wild demons; after the job was done the people of the village practically begged them to stay to honor them, with the brunette seeing this as the perfect opportunity to be with his Zenitsu, the boar just wanting to eat and Zenitsu just wanting to crash into the nearest futon and sleep they made their stay.

As the brunette made his back inside he thought of a idea that made him feel giddy and his heart pound. He put on his best smile and made his way towards the kitchen's.

"Aye! Gonpachiro where ya going!" Inosuke called feeling unease with the little bastard sneaking off like some fucking weirdo. The ruby eye boy felt annoyed with the boar and didn't like him trying to meddle in his business his back stiffened momentarily while his fists balled to show the whites of knuckles he took deep silent breathes, but nevertheless he turned around and flashed one of those signature smiles making sure to keep his features soft and warm.

Tanjiro waved his hands "oh don't worry about it, I'll be right back! Just gotta go check on something" he smiled softly, nice and smooth Tanjiro.

The boar didn't trust a damn word the little creep said and just knew the bastard was on to something, because why the fuck was he going the opposite way; the way towards the kitchen? Ugh fuck! Just the thought of the little fuck putting something in their food made his stomach clench.

"But where are you-"

"UGH!" Zenitsu cut in "just let him go Inosuke! I'm starvinggggg!" The golden boy whined pulling his friends arm towards the dining hall.

"But-"

"No buts! We'll see you in a bit Tanjiro!" Zenitsu beamed at him all the while pulling a frustrated boar towards the opposite end.

Good boy Zenitsu, Tanjiro thought smugly his golden boy always knew the right time to step in.

With the little meddling boar gone and his Zenitsu safe and waiting for their breakfast he made his way towards the kitchen practically vibrating in delight. Oh this was gonna be fun.

~

Tanjiro made it around the corner and saw a young woman carrying a tray towards the kitchen door; she's probably one of the ladies preparing their breakfast he mused.

"Hello."

The lady squeaked and turned around ready to chastise the person who thought it was funny to scare her but when she turned around she came into contact with the most handsome young man, a young man with beautiful ruby eyes and the most lovely smile. Her face turned a bright red.

"Oh my! You scared me!"

Tanjiro stepped closer and kept the easy smile on his face, making sure to keep his body language warm and inviting.

"Oh I'm sorry, may I speak with you for a moment."

The young lady shifted the tray so it was sitting in the crook of her arm, she smiled and nodded "yes, is everything alright." Something told her something was not alright, because who in their right mind would waltz right into someone's house walking towards the kitchen that was for staff members only.

"Oh well, you see my friends back there have some food allergies and they wanted me to make sure that their meal would be adequately prepared." He smiled softly. Making sure to keep his aura light and warm.

The young maid blushed, know one was allowed in the kitchen's accept for the maids and chefs, something about this boy didn't seem right, sure he had a nice smile but she couldn't help the feeling that this young man was... dangerous. She felt a chill go through her back.