hyper - seromina

"'ero! 'ero! wook!"

mina exclaimed, running rapid circles around him, paci dangling from her mouth.

sero snorted. "i see you, honey. very neat."

it was...

sero checks his watch,

8:56 PM.

when regressed, mina should be going to bed at...

he checks his watch again,

9:15 PM.

this girl not only wasn't tired, but had enough energy to run a triathlon. and back.

she had been bouncing off the walls for just short of half an hour now.

sero, her caregiver and boyfriend, was stuck. he knew he had to calm her down before bedtime but, at this rate, that would be almost impossible.

usually they like to cuddle up and read a story together before bed when she's regressed, but it seemed that she'd rather take laps.

the kicker, though, was that mina threw tantrums.

and i mean tantrums.

she would kick and scream and throw things if she didn't get her way and, ideally, sero would like to avoid that.

she would calm down eventually, right?

—————————————————

9:26 PM.

sero is ready to throw in the towel.

he'd tried to tell her that it was time for bed, but was met with an:

"i wan' run."

he dared not go further. he was a good caregiver, sure, but he would do almost anything to prevent her having a tantrum, especially when she was tired.

another 10 minutes passed. sero finally had to make the life or death decision of saying:

"mina, sweetie. it's night night time."

"no, 'ero. i runnin'."

"i know, pinkie pie. you've been running for almost an hour now. i'm getting sleepy."

the alien girl frowned and stopped in her tracks.

sero could almost feel the yell bubbling up inside of her.

"hey, how about this? i'll snuggle you into bed, then we can read your favorite book. yeah?"

her face scrunched up.

he only had a moment to think before coming up with:

"i'll get you a snack."

her eyebrows furrowed.

"a snack and a cookie."

her expression softened.

sero never let her have snacks in bed. he didn't want to clean up the crumbs.

finally, she huffed a little and followed sero to her bedroom.

it was worth the goldfish, she concluded.

A/N:

hey y'all :) i hope all is well! i will probably disappear again for awhile so, stay safe!

God bless,
nat <3 xo