Welcome to UA

(Y/N) POV

Our uniforms were shipped the morning after we replied and accepted our acceptance letters. I was given two dark green skirts, a long sleeve shirt, a short-sleeve shirt, and a vest. I have also distributed a pair of gray socks, a jacket, and some instructions for school shoes. I discovered that there might be a button hierarchy at UA. Izuku only had one button on the shoulder green flap thing and I had several.

In the morning mom looked extremely proud, and Izuku looked determined. I had already taken a light jog that morning and decided I was in the mood for a little civil unrest. The school had a strict dress code and wanted you to only wear what they had given you. 

Instead, I decided to wear an old pair of nylons that were ripped in several places. Instead of tucking my shirt in super pristine like I expected, I only tucked the right side in and left the right side to poke slovenly out. On my right side, I attached chains to two small belt loops I had put in the waist of my skirt. I put on some thrifted doc martens they were in the 1460 style with buckles. they were beaten from age but there was no way I could have afforded them otherwise. I had done my makeup the way I normally do.

During a self-conscious fit about the shape of my eyebrows, I took a razor to the tails of my brows, so I had to wake up and fix up the tails and I put on some concealer on my eyebags even though I always packed it with black eyeliner. I put in my hearing aids and ate some breakfast. On the way out I kissed my mom goodbye as she gave a few encouraging words, sobbed a little, and took way too many pictures. I had to chase Izuku to the train station but once I caught up he apologized.

"Hey slow your roll. I know you're excited but geez you're not gonna leave me completely behind are ya?"

"NO never!" he shook his hands wildly as we walked into the station swiping our cards. "Honestly I'm just really nervous so I guess I was having some tunnel vision."

"That's ok, just don't make me dead weight." We stepped into the train car and placed our bags on our laps together. Izuku had a banana yellow backpack that was well structured. I had a bag that I picked up while thrifting a few months ago. It was a faded army green mailman satchel with some pins on it from the past owner. 

I liked it

I liked it. And it was cheap. I finished glancing down at my bag and looked toward Izuku, catching his eyes.

"Oh and Zuzu,"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna find out about this quirk. I can play pretend for the sake of a fresh start outside the shadows of Kacchan. But the truth will one day prevail." I turned away from him. There was a strange distance between me and Izuku and I wanted desperately to sew the split seam back together. This was the first time he had lied to me, and I didn't like it. 

The train came to a halt and more passengers filed in and out. Our stop was the next one, so I would work on my greeting until then. 

'Hello I'm deaf' no