Chapter 28

3 days later......

Heesung wakes up to a ray of sunshine blinding his eyes. He woke up in an unfamiliar room, the walls were white and there was an IV stuck to him. He raises his hand and sees it wrapped in a white bandage. Heeseung remembers everything.

Just before he could sit up, a nurse enters his room. "Oh, you're up.." The lady smiles at Heeseung.

"How long was I asleep?" Heeseung scratches the back of his head.

"You were unconscious for three days"

"What happened?"

"Do you want me to call your friends?"

Heeseung nods at the nurse's offer as he lays back down on the bed, smiling while thinking they've finally made it.

______

A few minutes of waiting and someone dashes inside Heeseung's room. It was Jake. Heeseung smiled widely upon seeing the latter. Jake ran to him and hugged him tightly, "I thought I'd lose you too Heeseung..."

Heeseung chuckles, "Too? I told you we'd make it...where's everyone else? Why are you the only one here?"

The smile on Heeseung's face broke Jake's heart. He looked so happy thinking they'd finally escaped the killer, Jake didn't want to remove the smile on Heeseung's face.

"They're busy. Jungwon and Niki are resting so I'm the only one who could come." Jake forces out a bitter smile.

"Busy? Well, trust me they're not really the ones I'm looking forward to seeing..." Heeseung laughs, genuine happiness in his eyes as he looked at Jake. Jake's eyes seemed to be gloomy and the older was confused.

"Where's Sunghoon and Jay? Those idiots really didn't come to see me?" Heeseung chuckles as he looked at the door behind Jake.

Jake suddenly holds the older's hands as he circled his thumb around them. "I'm sorry Heeseung"

Heeseung looks at the younger, confused when tears suddenly started falling from Jake's eyes. "What are you sorry for?"

"Stop it, Jake, this joke is not funny. I literally just dreamed about those two dumbasses. They were teasing me and laughing at me like how they normally do"

Jake sniffs, "Can you please tell me more about your dream?"

"Uhh okay? Well, we were hanging out. Laughing at each other and having fun like always but there was something weird at the end of the dream....when it was time for me to go home, they hugged me? Those idiots were hugging me tightly and Jay said something about me needing to wake up." Heeseung smiles, "I guess they were talking to me while I was unconscious, so where are they?"

Jake only cries more when he heard the story.

"Heeseung they're gone. All of them. I'm sorry..." Jake hugs the older, he couldn't bear to see his reaction.

"W-what??"

"They're g-gone..."

Heeseung pulls back immediately, his eyes starting to water as he looked at Jake.

"Where are they? Take me to them!" Heeseung gets up from his bed, rushing outside while Jake tried to stop him.

Heeseung was screaming and shouting while everyone in the hospital just looked at him. He was trying to remove the grip Jake had on his waist as a river of tears flowed from his eyes.

________

When Heeseung calmed down, Jake had asked him to change clothes. He was free to leave the hospital and so Jake decides to take him to Jay's wake.

There were not many people there except Jay's close relatives. Heeseung almost drops to his knees when he saw a white coffin in the back of the room.

He goes up to the lifeless body of Jay, his fingertips caressing the glass that covered his brother.

"J-jay....bro get up from there..." Heeseung sobbed, "I'm sorry I wasn't there..."

Jake just placed a hand on the older's back as he cried.

"Were you scared Jay? I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. Please get up f-from there...." Heeseung's voice breaks and Jake embraces him to give him comfort.

"W-what about Sunghoon? And S-Sunoo?"

Jake looks down as he couldn't explain the situation to the older.

"There was a fire when we were taken to the hospital. The authorities are still wondering where the fire came from but it was so strong that it burned the bodies at the beach. I saw them g-get shot Heeseung. The doctors say their ashes were washed away in the ocean because of the waves and wind"

Jake wanted to cry when retelling the story that crushed his own soul. He hated himself, he blamed himself for everything that happened.

"What about the killer?" Heeseung asked.

"He's finally behind bars..."

_______