CHAPTER 13

Izuku POV

When I opened my eyes, the bright light of the lamp made me want to close them again. However, I'm more focused on the person beside me right now. Kacchan... He fell asleep in a chair next to me while holding my hand. Oh yeah, I finally remember everything that happened. How I gave birth to our baby and how Kacchan was actually here accompanying me going through it all... I'm so happy. Without me realizing it, tears started to flow from my eyes.

Then, I felt a sudden movement from Kacchan's direction. Looks like he woke up. "Good morning, Izuku." he said with a smile. "A-ah, hi, Kacchan..." it was still awkward to be around him. I do miss him, but I'm still not sure what his real purpose of approaching me back like this is. "O-oh! Kacchan, where's my baby?" I said worried. He looks a little... offended? hearing me said that. But he then stood up to the bassinet I didn't realize was in the corner of the room, right in front of me. Kacchan picked my baby up and gave him to me. I smiled at him.

He looked very peaceful in his sleep. "He looks so pretty..." I whispered. Must be because Kacchan is the father. "Kacchan, thank you so much for helping me earlier. I don't know what would have happened if you weren't around at that time." I gave him my biggest smile. But somehow, he looked disappointed. "Izuku." I looked at him again. "Why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant with my child?" I fell silent hearing that. Actually, I really can't answer anything because what I did was actually wrong. I know that it was. "You didn't think that I was going to tell you to have an abortion or leave you, did you?" I looked down, feeling even more guilty. He sighed.

"You should stop worrying too much. I might be an asshole but I'm not that big of an asshole. I wouldn't kill an unborn child. And I wouldn't leave you without taking responsibility for knocking you up." Kacchan hugged me tightly but carefully. I really am speechless. But, as usual, I can only cry at times like this. I seem to be getting weaker, huh? "Kacchan... I'm sorry, I was just afraid that you would hate me and leave me..." "Damn, you're deaf, aren't you? I told you I wouldn't do some messed up shit like that." bullshit. You've left me for almost 9 months because you "no longer love me".

"Uuhn..." When I looked towards the source of the sound, it looks like my baby is whimpering. "Shh, baby, what's wrong? I'm here, it's okay, I'm okay..." Does he feel the negative energy around him? Ugh, now I'm making my baby uncomfortable too. I'm the worst. "Uwah!!!" My baby started crying loudly. "Baby, what's wrong? Are you hungry? Do you need your diaper changed?? Kacchan, what should I do? Why won't he stop crying?!" I'm getting panicky. Then, Kacchan took him from my grasp. While walking around the room, he stroked our baby's back and successfully, he started to calm down. I'm relieved, but I'm also depressed about it.

"Even my own baby doesn't like me..." Before Kacchan could react, the door opened, revealing Ira-sensei. "Izuku-san, you're awake! And it looks like Katsuki-san is having fun with his newborn too." She smiled. I quickly wiped my tears. "Well, now I'm going to check on you again before you can go home." "Ira-sensei, I have a question... Is it really okay for my baby to be born early?" She looked at me for a moment. "Oh my, I forgot to tell you! Actually, because your body, a male's body is not suitable enough for carrying a baby, we made their pregnancy time shorter. You should have given birth about 2 weeks ago, but somehow you just felt the contractions yesterday. That's why I said that your baby has been inside for too long." I just nodded in understanding.

Then, Ira-sensei checked me again. She also explained other things like how the pills allowed me to give birth without a c-section, which is a side effect that makes that muscle more elastic and heals faster if it needs to be cut. I blushed a little hearing that, but nodded in understanding. Kacchan is also listening, while holding our baby in his arms. A while later, sensei left the room after she finished checking on me. The room felt awkward again. I just decided to keep quiet because I knew there would be trouble if I said something.

Katsuki POV

Izuku looked very depressed, different from yesterday. Yesterday he cried happily after giving birth, after I came and stayed, and earlier after he finally held his baby. Now he looks very depressed. I am indeed angry, though  he can't be blamed either. After everything I've said, after everything that's happened, it's no surprise if he's afraid I'd do such a terrible thing to him and his baby. I'm trying to fix everything now. I may still not be able to love him, but on the bright side, I felt genuine happiness when our child was born. Maybe everything will change from now on.

"Izuku... I'm sorry. What I said earlier sounded very harsh." "No, Kacchan, you're not wrong. Everything you said is true..." He didn't even dare to look at me. I sat beside his bed. "Izuku, listen, I'm really sorry for leaving you. I know what I did was stupid and I should have stayed with you even if my feelings were lost for some reason. How foolish that I didn't think of the possibility of returning my feeling of love by staying with you. I want to start all over again. Let's get back together again? As a family? You always wanted this, right?" He looked up at me slowly, his eyes glistening with tears. His eyes are slowly getting redder and puffer from crying too much. He's been through a lot.

"...How could you stay and live with someone you don't even love?" Oh shit. He reversed my words. Come to think of it, hearing that does sounds painful. "We'll figure things out, okay? Nothing's your fault. I will tell you everything after we got home." Izuku looked doubtful. He paused as he stared at the blanket. "O-okay..." Smiling, I hugged him again.

~~~~~

Thanks for reading! These past few chapters I wrote over 1k words damn-

(Surprised with the sudden 3 chapters update in 1 day? Let's just say I want the story to end as soon as possible.)