12

It was hard not to watch Kimmon practically dance around the kitchen while cooking. But Copter couldn't help himself. Just like with Emma and Top, two of Copter's exes, there was something bewitching about the man. He knew it was wrong to feel anything more than friendship towards someone he knew a lot yet at the same time almost nothing about. Kimmon had told stories of his childhood and about some of his friends, but...all the descriptions of places and people had been incredibly vague. That made it hard for Copter to really understand Kimmon's experiences.

Copter forced himself to turn his face away and focused back on his laptop screen. Some of his work had come home with him tonight, and he was typing up a couple letters from his shorthand notes. Sometimes, he seriously hated his boss. All that idiotic "time is gold and we don't waste gold" bullshit. He was very, very close to giving into his desire to throttle the man.

Copter typed a few more lines, then had to rub his right eye. It kept hurting as if something was stuck in it and wouldn't come out. He made a frustrated noise.

"Something wrong?"

Copter was taken aback when Kimmon appeared right next to him suddenly.

Expression concerned, Kimmon cupped Copter's face with tender hands, moving it one way then the other and studying Copter's eyes. "You have a little speck in your eye. Do you want me to get it out?"

"Please," Copter said wearily. "I can't see it, and it's put a halt on my work. I've got to get these letters typed and printed so my boss can sign them tomorrow."

"Okay. Sit still..." a look of deep concentration came over Kimmon's face as he brought his face closer to Copter's, using the tip of his pointer finger to lightly brush the speck out.

Copter hissed between clenched teeth, eyes closing automatically and agitating the spot where the speck was. "Ow!"

"Sorry, sorry. You can't close your eyes, Cop."

"It hurts," Copter was embarrassed to hear himself whine like a little child.

Kimmon chuckled softly. "I'll take you for ice cream after."

Copter opened his eyes, the sore one twitching, and glared half-heartedly at the far too amused guy standing above him. "Don't treat me like a child."

"I'm not. I just want to treat you to some ice cream, you know, for suffering through all this."

Copter was about to roll his eyes, but managed to stop himself before sending the speck to be lodged elsewhere in his eye. "Fine. Just...please be gentle?"