heads in laps

aubrey and trice are sitting on trices couch eating gummy worms while drinking monsters. smiling and laughing away, trice puts his drink down on the table and lays his head in aubrey's lap.

aubrey blushes but is mentally screaming at herself to stop so he doesn't see it. "i saw it so don't even." he says to her with a laugh. she whispers "fuck" while laughing too.

he finally gets comfortable with his head in her lap. she puts one hand on his cheek and the other in his curly hair.

she starts slowly stroking his cheek with her thumb and he grabs her hand while she's doing so. she also starts playing with his hair, not quite sure what she's doing to it.

"you know, i could get used to this." trice says quietly. thank god it's dark, aubrey thought because her cheeks are on fire.

"me too bub, me too." she says back with a smile. he smiles too because he heard the smile in her voice when she said that.

they're watching some random movie that's on tv, barely paying attention. they've just been talking about their futures.

aubrey picks up the bag of gummy worms and eats a few. "hey! you bitch, gimme some!" trice says while reaching for the bag in her hands.

"let me do it asshole." aubrey says with a small laugh. she grabs his favorite one and puts it in his mouth.

"thanks love." he says, showing off his pride colored braces you could barely see cause of the darkness in the house.