Chapter Eight: Babies

Logan's POV:

I tried to keep my heart from pounding as I watched Willem get out of his car, and stare over at me. His expression was as dolorous as I felt, and briefly, I remembered that he'd met up with Liam today.

Worry about the gang came over me, and I wonder what they had discussed.

Perhaps that's why Willem was so quick to accept the meeting. I had to push those intrusive thoughts away. I had to focus, this conversation was an important one.

"You're in Mom's car?" He asked when I walked over, the toddler on my hip, playing with the strands of my hair.

I glanced back at the Cadillac, then nodded, "Mine's still at the hospital."

The hospital where I was currently supposed to be, but had called in on my way home because of this mess. All of this mess because Lilian decided to meddle in the lives of people she shouldn't have. Taking the choices of everyone in her life once again.

"Though, speaking of your mother, we need to talk," I said. Grayson laid head on my shoulder, sleepily.

A soft yawn followed. I felt my stomach drop and my heart squeeze. How did one start this conversation?

Willem crossed his arms and leaned against the hood of his car, "Yeah, we do. I went and saw Liam earlier..."

I paused, then nodded, figuring it might be better to ease into the conversation. Thankful for the icebreaker.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"Basically that he wants to wager the gangs," Willem said, "If I do it and win, we get the Titans and Liam out of town. But first he wants me to race and fight, to prove I can still handle myself."

It wasn't what I had expected him to say, but really I didn't know what to expect from Liam anymore. This whole situation from the beginning was surprising. And, it seemed to just getting worse.

"Shouldn't be too hard for you," I offered, "Assuming you can still handle yourself."

He arched a brow, "You're doubting me?"

I shook my head, "Not in the slightest. I know what you're capable of."

I watch him flinch at my words. Some sick satisfaction rose in my body. Five years of hating him to find out it wasn't him who I should be hating. It was hard to break the habit though. 

"You know," he stared hard at me, "Liam did mention one other thing."

His tone had changed slightly and his shoulders adjusted, he looked as if he didn't know what to say nor how to process his thoughts. I felt my body tense reactively, "Yeah?"

He nodded, eyes focusing as if he were gauging my response, "Yeah. He..uh..Apparently an informant told him something when I was locked up. Something about you being pregnant."

I stared back at him and my eyes widened a little. Subconsciously, I tightened my grip on Grayson. My hand came up to his small head, cupping it ever so softly in his hair. His soft little snores in my ear. 

Will...knew?

I opened my mouth to answer, but nothing came out. This wasn't exactly the way I'd been prepared for this to all come up.

Willem's own mouth was a tight line, "So it's true? That kid you're holding is mine?"

I took a moment, then I forced my head to nod, and had to swallow to clear my throat, "Yeah. Yeah, it's the truth."

All Will did was blow out a breath of air from his mouth. I don't think I'll ever forget the moment of watching Willem's eyes trail not over me, but his son for the first time. Like everything up until this moment made sense. The realization had hurt. Like I had done something so incredibly wrong in my life when all I've tried to do was what was best for everyone. For Grayson.