Chapter 5

(Con's POV)

Thankfully Dam's aunt pulled through and got Cassie's doll all cleaned up. She hasn't let that thing out of her sight since she got it back. It's been a month and she seems to be doing really good with all the changes. I see how she seems a little more free and happier now that we are living with the Scott family. I just know I can't leave her. I mean she is the only thing I have left. I want to go away to college and be with Anna and Dam. I really do but I can't leave Cassie all alone with no family here for her. Cameron is scaring me. I hate to admit it but he is. I finally told Noel about seeing him in random places with his girlfriend and he said he would inform the cops about it. I don't like ratting on my family. It just doesn't seem right.

Thankfully I have finished my project in History and our group received the highest score so that has so far made my day. Today I have to finish the finally draft on the yearbook. I am so glad Dam has practice.  I would really hate to walk home. I wish I had my own car I am kind of sick of having to get rides places. 

"Snap out of it, Con." Anna said from beside me. We were in the library doing something for English and I have been spacing out.

"Sorry, did I tell you I didn't need a ride home tonight?" I asked.

"Yes, you did and you also said something about having a sleep over this weekend. Are we doing this at your place or mine?" She asked.

"Our's so Cassie can be there. I think she would like to spend time with you." I said in reality I just didn't want to leave her.

"You know that I love Cassie and like to spend time with her but I bet she would like to have her own sleep over with her own friends. Have you ever thought about asking Olivia if she could?" She asked and now that she said something I bet Cassie would love that. She has never had a friend over before. I wouldn't let her because of the way things were at home for us.

"I think I will talk to Olivia and Noel tonight about it. I think her having a couple friends over would be a big deal to her and she would love every minute of it." I said smiling at her.

"If you do it this weekend I can bring my make up and stuff and do their hair and make up maybe even their nails but I don't want to spend all night doing it. So not too many girls." She said giggling.

"I think two should be a good number for a first time sleep over." I said wondering who Cassie would invite.

The rest of the class period I started to plan this little sleep over. Adding an extra pizza to our order should feed three little girls. I started to write out a list making Anna laugh at me. I can't help but be a little more excited over Cassie's sleep over then I am ours. 

"Conner, I like the set up you are using on the senior's pages but I don't see any pictures of you. I see them of you friends but none with you. Don't you think your friends would want to see you with them so you guys can look back at this ten years from now and say look at us we're so cute or something?" Mrs. Dobbs the yearbook teacher said looking over my work.

"I do have a couple really good pictures of the three of us but they weren't taken here. I am always the one behind the camera." I said chuckling.

"True, so bring in a couple of the best ones you have as long as they are clean shots nothing scandalous." She said.

"I wouldn't do this. To me this is a work of art and I don't want to ruin it." I said looking over the pages to see where I would add the pictures.

"That is why I like you. You take all of this as if it's a job or something worthy to see. And it is well not the job part but you would be very good at something like this and be paid really well for it. None of the other seniors that has had this job have ever taking it and done what you have. This is truly a memory book. And I like how you are adding little video's to the back for each class. And I better see you in those video's as well as in this year book other then your senior picture." She said moving over to one of the other people working on other parts of the book.