Chapter 4-The Truth

'I am really really sorry for coming late. Here, your lilies as I have promised you! It was a tiring journey and you know I met a boy from school on the plane. He name's Niall and he even invited me to his basketball tournament tomorrow! And I guess this time grandma's coming to visit me in summer and soon she'll come to meet you too! Isn't that wonderful....... dad? narrated Manani.

In front of her, laid a grave. 'Evanson Hammerwood' was craved on it. 'I have a lot to tell you dad but apparently I have to go. I need to call grandma to let her know that I have arrived safely and I need to finish my homework too! You know how I am. I'll come back on Friday and for now bye dad! said Manani.

Manani placed her hand on the wet stone for a while, trying hard to put a smile on her face as inside she was broken down and then she left from there. 'Wish you were here dad, I feel very lonely and its hard to handle all of these things alone,' said Manani to herself. She looked back for once and went away from there.

She kept thinking about her father on her way home with an uncertain feeling growing inside her mind. Her house was not far away from the graveyard and she reached home within a few minutes. She had the key to her house, so she entered without ringing and heard a voice,' Is that you Manani? 'Yes, aunt Nora!' replied Manani. She headed for the kitchen and saw her aunt, making her favorite pie. 'Apple pie? asked Manani. 'Indeed dear. I thought of making you your favorite pie. It's been a long time since I made that pie.' said aunt Nora. 'Thanks and aunt Nora, I'm tired! Can I go and sleep? said Manani. 'Sure Ni! Have a nice sleep and then we'll have a chat, okay?asserted aunt Nora. 'That'll be great!' replied Manani.

Manani then went upstairs and grabbed her phone. She dialed a number and waited to get picked up. 'Hello, Hammerwood residence.' 'Hi, grandma. Its me Manani. I have reached home safely.' 'Oh well dear, you must be tired. Why don't you take a nap?' ' I was thinking about it.' ' Okay then Ni, goodbye dear!' 'Bye grandma!' She hung up the phone and jumped on the bed. And then after that, she was dead asleep.