The Dance

The war had been going on for too long, losses on both sides. As the areil bombs and gunfire continued through the hours the people who were behind the front lines, were losing moral they continued to forge forwards and to the hope that one day the war would end and the world could finally begin to heal.
    However it may be that they are finding hope, the sunshine on a cloudless day with a light breeze, the quiet mornings before the sun had fully come out, or even small guestures, a helping hand on the farms and gardens. The high point of the hope and moral was the small dances they held in the community centers. The music was playing a joyous song on the record player as people were dancing and socalizing.
    This night, it didn't last long as before they realized what was happening it all happened too quickly.

    Soldiers came rushing in, guns firing as the participants went down. Some soldiers took the center in a quick storm before leaving. Moving onto the next location.
    Fires in town were spreading and people were now trying to get away from the enevitable onslaught.
    Only once the last breath of a woman had passed away did the souls realize what had happened, the angels divine light now shined upon them as they watched.
    Being greeted and blessed by the angels had the the souls been released. One angel had went to reach for the woman a hand stopped him. The angel looked to the other before back to her and withdrawing his hand after seeing the other shake his head. The two moved only the last, two girls, one only being selected to go with them.
    After the little one left, so did they. Leaving only four souls.

    Once again in the darkness they had been subjected to moved, the air chilled. As it touched them they shivered. Only to be quickly warmed by the fire from town. It had already reached the center.

    No escape.

    Then the demons arrived. As the demons took the others and left, the warmth that was there now leaving only the chill.
    The woman sat in the chair she died in, wondering.
    'If the Angels didn't take me nor the demons, just where am I to go?'
    Movement made her glanced up as she saw she had been offered a hand she looked up and saw the demon.

    "Would you like to dance?" The demon asked, surprising the woman. Reaching out to take his hand she was pulled from the floor and some music started from the record player. A slow rhythm that was easy to just sway to.
    Looking into eachothers eyes the demon lead her, the area around them as it had been before the raid. Clean, set up nicely, no broken dishes or bodies. No soldiers.

    Just them and the music echoing.

    She in an illusion of what it once was, unknowingly dancing her last dance.
    The demon close to the end of the dance leaned into her, mouth close to her ear as he whispered to her.
    "I don't know why those stupid angels didn't take you," he leaned back look at her, "but I'm glad they didn't. You are quite beautiful, and now your mine." He watched her come out of the illusion as he spoke those last words.
    Not looking around she kept her eyes on her dance partner, the music warping as the flame engulfed the record player.
    "Come spend eternity with me my dear." The demon spoke as he leaned down as to almost kiss her, his lips hovering over hers, awaiting her answer to only hear her whisper with a small voice.
    "Yes."
    Closing her eyes awaiting as the demon took charge and finally took her lips. Her body went limp amd he smiled a small smile before looking to am angel above him. Saying only two words before disappearing.
    "I've won."