𝐈: 2nd Place⌝

Third Person🕊️

"What's next, over or under?"

"Over, sweetheart."

"And what's after that?"

"Tighten the knot."

"Is that it?"

"How are you eighteen and still can't tie a tie?"

Glaring back at (in her words) annoying twelve year-old brother, Tori sighed in sheer annoyance. "Because of course he has something to say." she thought, turning back around to her mirror. "Lucky for him, I do too."

"One, it's a belt, not a tie." she started, "And how are you twelve and still can't control your band?" she nonchalantly shot back, tightening the small knot of her cloth belt. "Least I could when I was twelve."

Nico's usually pale face went red, making his sister smile to herself. She knew that would work. Being his older sister, Tori knew one of Nico's biggest insecurities was the lack of his band's control.

"Shut up! Echolocation takes forever to manage!"

"I'm sure it does." she turned back to her mirror to finish getting ready, but that changed upon feeling something hit the back of her head. The object was one of his many silver rings, which she recognized only after kneeling down and picking it up.

"Nico! You little bi-"

The list of swears Tori would've said was cut short by her mother suddenly stepping in, saying, "Victoria, don't curse at your brother. Nicholas, don't throw things at your sister. Now, stop making fun of each other, and go make sure you have everything ready, Preciosa. The bus should be coming soon." she firmly—though calmly—instructed, knowing full well that her children would oblige without question.

"Yes, Mom."

➴𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭➶

Meanwhile, in a house just a few blocks down, another teenage student was getting ready for his first day as well. He scrambled around his parents' house, his inability to track time, general clumsiness, and disorganization only serving to worsen his anxiety, which seemed to already be at its peak.

"Damnit, damnit, damnit! I knew I should've fucking packed the rest last night! Listen to your gut next time, Eric! And-"

"-where the literal hell is my phone!" he finished his thoughts out loud, throwing around his collections of random objects, nail polishes, medals, and candy wrappers on his desk. "I could'a sworn I left it in here!"

Hearing Eric's agitated swears, Drew, his older brother, spoke up. "Yo, Er! I have it! And zero-five-one-seven-nine? You should really change your pin, it's pretty easy to guess-"

Eric stopped Drew mid-sentence, shooting down the stairs faster than his heart beat and retrieving his phone. In doing so, he startled Drew which resulted in a small spark igniting in his mouth.

"Oi!" he defused the small flame, "Don't scare me like that!"

"Don't go through my phone then! I'm almost twenty, you don't have to do that anymore." Eric retorted, shutting off his phone and shoving it in his pocket. Though he may have seemed upset, he did take Drew's words into consideration and made a mental note to later change the pin.

"I'm your older brother, I needed to know if you had a girlfriend yet. Oh, and Logan did too."

Eric shoulders sank in sheer annoyance. He'd had half a heart attack, following a panic attack, just because his nosey siblings wanted to know if he was dating someone? Their "job" or not, it pissed him off.