2 - The Meeting

Amber was discussing the war with the abyss, something no one ever considered, with Eula.

"It is just so random," Amber continued, "and of all times, why now?"

"I don't know what the Abyss is planning but it can't be anything good."

"Well that's for certain, I mean this is the frickin Abyss we are talking about here."

Just then, Kaeya ran up to them Albedo not far behind.

"Outrider Amber, Eula, The Acting Grand Master has received a letter from Liuye and Inazuma suggesting an alliance.  Jean would like us to meet in her office tonight to discuss the details," Kaeya informed them.

"Oh, thank you for telling us," Amber replied, "we will be there."

Amber turned to Eula who was looking at the ground as of trying not to exist.

"Is something the matter?" Amber asked.

"Huh," Eula looked up, "nothing of your concern."

Clearly something was wrong but Amber knew better than to push. Eula would talk if she wanted to.

"It's only noon, why don't we get something to eat at Good Hunter?" Amber suggested.

"Sounds good, but I'm paying," Eula replied.

"No your not," Amber argued, "My treat."

"No way," Eula continued as they walked towards Good Hunter.

Eula always seemed to convince Amber to let her pay but today, that would finally change. Now, Amber is on a mission and she isn't backing down. Amber and Eula usually got along just fine and the only arguments they had were ones like this.

They continued bickering until they reached Good Hunter. This time, Eula finally agreed to let Amber pay.

Mission accomplished, Amber thought.

The food was good, as usual and Amber enjoyed talking to Eula.

They finished their food and Amber payed for the both of them.  They still had plenty of time before the meeting so they walked around Mondstat for a little while, just enjoying each other's presence.

Eventually, they made their way toward the Nights of Favonius Head Quarters.

Upon entry, Amber immediately spotted many people she knew.

Jean and Lisa stood in front of the crowed while Kaeya and Klee stood to the side chatting. Sucrose walked up to Albedo and they began talking as well.  A couple others stood in the middle but Amber couldn't recognize most of them. 

Amber dragged Eula towards the front.  Then Lisa looked up and whispered something into Jeans ear. 

"Welcome everyone and thank you for being here," Jean said, "As you all know, the Abyss has declared war on the seven nations.  I have received a letter from Inazuma and Liuye suggesting an alliance.  They say if we chose to work together then I and closely trusted companions are to attended a meeting tomorrow night."

"Then why do we need to talk," some one yelled from the audience, "accept the offer!"

"Well, if you would let me finish you would know.  The letter contained ideas for courses of action.  Their ideas would mean that there is a high chance that Mondstat citizens would be in serious danger.  Although we are already in danger because of the war, this plan would leave Mondstat mostly unprotected as well," Jean said.

The crowd raidiated tons of nervous energy.  Amber had no idea how to feel.  As much as she liked the idea of joining forces with Inazuma and Liuye, she didn't want the citizens of Mondstat in danger, even if they were qualified for battle.  Amber was split between the two decisions.  Eventually she unconsciously walked out of the room. 

She stood outside and tried to collect her thoughts.

"You alright?" Eula put her hand on Amber's shoulder.

"Huh, oh yeah, I'm fine," Amber replied.

"They made a decision," Eula said.

"Oh," Amber said.  She didn't really want to know what they decided on but as an Outrider it was her duty to know.  Deep down, Amber knew that they had decided to accept the offer with the other nations but the idea of endangering the locals gave her a reason to hope that Mondstat would fight against the Abyss on its own. 

Eula must have sensed her stress because she just stood in the hallway next to her.  They stood together there in comfortable silence. 

Somehow this was exactly 700 words. Kinda creepy but okay...
I know this was short and rushed but the school year is ending soon and so then I'll have more time to write, so yeah-
Hope you enjoyed I hope the next chapter will be out soon!