Banishment

Facing the Wilds of Hisui

(Sometimes I think back to Kamado banishing us, and I can't help but wish we could've stayed in the wilderness, turn our backs on it all yknow? Yet a bit of another self insert here! I just find it a bit more fun and easy to write like this, and it comes naturally when I write, I oftentimes find pieces of myself in the things I write. Also don't ask why you have a katana, it looked cool, I've been into Demon Slayer a lot, and a trainer can't always rely on their Pokémon! Now have a doodle from yours truly and let's get on with this.)

Kamado really wishes he had asked for your help, instead of treating you as a possible threat and banishing you

Because now?
Now you were a threat.
Your team was a frightening bunch of fighting types, with many moves to cover their weaknesses. Not many could stand up to you, and those that could never lasted long in a battle when you were serious.
Kamado thought nothing as he watched you leave the village, with nothing but your Pokémon, the items in your satchel, and a straw hat on your head.
He honestly had expected you to come crawling back to the village in shambles, begging for some sort of aid, or had heard words of something happening to you. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened to someone he's banished.
But when he heard no word about you for weeks, even after the portal was dealt with by the Clan Leaders and a strange figure (who he assumes was you trying to hide), that's when he begins to worry.
He wanted to apologize for his mistake, to ask for your forgiveness and help in the Galaxy Team once again.
But you clearly had other plans. Various groups of Galaxy Team members would spot you, and in a flash, you were gone.
Some even reported spotting you with a katana, and a quick search through storage had revealed one of the Team's blades to be missing.
When or how you got it was beyond anyone, and Kamado was growing worried.
Were you planning on hurting others? Or had you snuck in to take it as an extra layer of protection against the wilds?
Kamado wasn't sure, and some days he found himself surveying the wilds himself for a glimpse of you.
Rei often went with him, taking up the role of crafting items for the journey as they went, and Kamado being a watchful eye and protector over Rei, just as you did.
It was late at night in their search, resting by a campfire they'd set up. So far, nothing had bothered them, Rei gazing out into the night.
"Rei?"
The boy looked over, seeing his commander with his gaze on the fire, a deep frown on his face. "You know your partner best. Why has (Y/n) strayed so far for so long...?"
Rei swallowed the lump growing in his throat, casting his gaze back to the trees. "If I was to be brutally honest... I'd say (Y/n) is still very upset with you. They had calmed the nobles from their painful frenzies and done more for the village than any other Galaxy member, only to be banished for what? A hunch that they're deceiving the village? I would be upset too."
Kamado nodded slowly to Rei's words, desperately trying to feel how you do.
"I hope we find them soon. An apology from me is much needed."
It was early the next morning when they set out. Dew on the tall grass soaking into their clothes as they traveled. They weren't exactly sure where they were going, searching whatever area they hadn't before.
Rei glanced above them at the ancient stone ruins they occasionally passed, seeing nothing. He shut his eyes for a moment as his hand came up to wipe away the early morning mist, his breath stuttering when he opened them again.
"Kamado!"
The commander spun at Rei's sharp call, following his gaze to see you staring down at them. You were sitting atop a stone pillar, scarf and longer hair blowing in the gentle breeze, a puff of white from the morning chill leaving your lips.
The straw hat shrouded your face, your eyes almost glowing beneath it. In this moment, you made Ingo's natural intimidation look friendly.
"(Y/n)..." Kamado stuttered out your name, feeling a chill run down his back when your hard gaze flicked over to him. A twinge of guilt pierced him at the sight of your tattered clothes, a few scars visible through the tears and on your face.
There was a million things he had planned to say if he ever met you again, but in this moment, seeing what his foolish actions had led you to become, he found all those words missing.
"I... I'm sorry..."
It was all he could think of, all he could say.
You blinked down at him, and for a moment he swore he saw your gaze grow softer. You gave him a slow nod, an acknowledgment, and with a chilling breeze that forced their eyes to shut from the sudden sting, you were gone.