Shattered

Slight-ish gore warning

He broke his promise. That damn promise. Breaking through the soothing tide, the emerald brute huffed, shaking his frame lightly before pushing himself on to the pebbled shore. Knowing Elias would be disappointed in his actions. But, Mylo didnt care.

He didn't care..

His heart ached as the dark hued pebbled shifted beneath his mass. Knowing that a part of him was missing, a part of him left with Elias. The thought let q growl slip through his maw, ridding of his scales qnd pursued on to land.

Scanning the quiet town as night crept over the colorful homes, Mylo seeked for an item, a gift for his brother. Something that bring Luca so much joy. Knowing it would be difficult since many of his gifts have made his brother happy, Mylo was up for the challenge. Whilst enjoying his walk through the winding streets, a light glisten caught his amber hued gaze. Approaching the rather large item, he furrowed his brows, ducking himself closer to the object. Slightly taken back to the sight of someone starring back at him, Mylo huffed softly. Meeting the strangers gaze again, it finally hit him.. he was looking at his reflection. Hesitantly reaching for the reflective object, Mylo flinched to shards of glass falling from thr shattered mirror. Hissing to some of the glass knicking at his arms, causing him to drop the mirror "Shit."  Knealing down, he went to reach for the scattered shards of glass, but tensed to the sight of an emerald beast glaring at him through the shards.

Quickly pushing himself off the ground, observing his scaled arms "No, no, no.." Panicked, Mylo frantically tried to rub his arms to rid of his scales, but the ear piercing sound of a gasp ruptured through him. Hesitantly turning to meet the eyes of a terrified woman, Mylo shook his skull "Please.. dont." He begged.

"Se-..Sea!"

"Dont... Please, Im begging you."

"SEA MONSTER!"

Before the woman could finish her words, Mylo bolted past her, frantically making his break for the ocean. Feeling his frame tumble to the ground, Mylo let out a pained growl to a familiar tightness in his back. Barring his teeth, he quickly pulled the harpoon from his back. Swiftly leaving the ground and returning to hus sprint. Avoiding qs many harpoons as he can, Mylo felt his heart pounding against his ribs.

What the hell were you thinking.

A bright flash caught his attention, but he kept his eyes traced on the road ahead of him. The ocean was so close, the taste of its salty spray laced his senses. Everything felt so slow, like the shore kept crawling further and further away from his grasp.

But the bright light took over. A loud clash of glass abd metal rang in his ear as echoed off the brick wall beside him. A new pain ached on his skin, a pain that made him freeze. The smell of kerosene stung at his nose. Adrenaline and fear carried him to the ocean, tumbling off a flimsy dock and in to the cold ocean.

But the ocean wasnt cold, it burned. The salt ate as his skin. Letting out blood curdling yowls, Mylo frantically rubbed his face with his palm. But, his skin stung in many areas. It was like something was eating at his skin and he couldn't get it off. Painfully wincing his gaze, Mylo whined, his vision was clouded in one eye.
Soon distracted by the sight of spears slicing through the water. Something inside hin changed.

Mylo's reflection was now shattered. Shards of glass glistened someone new.

Not just a beast.. but a monster.

Sinking his powerful talons in to the weathered wood. Mylo pulled his frame out of the ocean, snarling loudly in a threatening manner. Part of his body was not blistered and oozing from the traumatizing burn. The male frame however, changed in another way. His body violently snapped and contorted as he emerged from the sea. His jaw popped and features ached. Letting a relieved growl escape his barred teeth, drool dripped from his lip. His eye crazed with anger.