Part 1

The bar seemed quiet except for the loud band music and the talking and laughing of people. Normally this would be fine. It felt fine. To other people at least. There was no danger. Just the feeling of something off or different.

His eyes made his way over to an empty stool. He had already known for a week that the one who always sat there and ordered the same thing for the past.. almost a year he assumed.. had left. He was aware where his good friend had gone and that he would return but Puss was confused on why he missed his friend so much. He himself had rarely stayed in one place for long periods of time. While he was in this town he had met a cat with swift movements and abs. Puss had chased his male catussy throughout the streets some time ago. He was in an alley with a dark leather cloak. Puss thought he was a criminal.

A week had passed. Where was he? Perhaps he stopped somewhere. Maybe he had a little run in. Or maybe he was just a slow traveler.

Another week had passed. Puss had started a routine of standing at the gates of the town hoping his friend would come back. The townspeople had noticed this new habit of Puss and had started asking him. When asked why he simply said he was looking for danger. The townspeople always ignored him or recorded him on el facebook live.

Another week, another, and another, he had lost track of time. Each day was the same, it was boring and seemed pointless as the days passed. Each day the sun rose and the sun set and the only friend Puss felt he had such a deep emotional connection with was gone. Every night he wondered where he had gone.

Puss sat in his rented room throwing a ball of yarn at the wall. It was dark outside while staring out the window. Looking for crimes. As one does of course. The sounds of kids running around and music could be heard around the town. He could hear the rustle of trees as a cold breeze slid through the trees and through the open window. It set a cold chill into the dark room where Puss sat. He followed a stray leaf that fluttered through the window with his eyes. It went over his bed, passed the table, and then landed at the door. As someone who was trying to be on watch it surprised him that a dark figure stood at the door. Puss hopped off the chair and grabbed his sword that was leaning against the wall. However despite the seeming lack of modern technology, the figure turned on the light switch and revealed himself.

Puss dropped his sword and ran up to him. There he was, Juan Paul David De San Diego López Ricardo San Ramírez. He was a tall, handsome black cat with brownish splotches with a green and a blue eye, held out his muscular arms and embraced Puss. "Juan Paul David De San Diego López Ricardo San Ramírez! Where were you all these days? Años?"

"Homie, it's been two months."

"Two months without you!" Puss cried.

"Also you don't have to call me Juan Paul David De San Diego López Ricardo San Ramírez. Just Juan Paul David would be fine." He took Puss' hand or paw I think, "But I understand. I missed you too." They looked into each other's eyes. There was silence. They swayed together as if to dance, the whole time never losing each other.

However, Juan Paul David broke the silence beginning by holding on tighter to Puss' paws as if to never let go, "Puss I need to tell you something."