Chapter 10

Kaname

   After about 26 minutes of driving to the destination to meet Kimora, I parked my car, got out, and started to walk towards the cafe we met last time.

As I got closer, I saw her through the window. Taking a drink from her cup. I have to admit, she looks a little similar to someone but I can't put my finger on it. But nonetheless, she is still beautiful as I remember from our last encounter.

Going inside, I scan the place. It hasn't changed, but then again it wasn't that long ago we met here. Even that feeling of homeyness has not gone away.

You can see the coffee-making people with a big table with their equipment. I wonder how come I didn't see them last time?

Well, that's not important, I looked and saw the delicious-looking treats they have. I have to remind myself to get them next time. They always looked so good.

I can see why people would like to come here. It just has that feeling of comfort and living in a type of fantasy world.

Once I was done observing my surroundings, I scan to see Kimora sitting next to a window in the back. I started to walk in her direction.

"Kimora?" I said softly, trying not to startle her.

Quickly she turned around and as if she saw the sunniest sun, her smile taking over her face.

"Oh my goodness! DJ Kan! I'm so glad to see you again!" She said while getting up.

When she tried to give me a hug, I stepped aside. I saw her smile falter a bit but that didn't stop her from being energetic.

"And you as well, shall we talk about your party plans now in more detail? I also have a rough beat I put together. I made it to match your description, so let me know if there is anything you want to be changed or kept." I said flatly.

I know it was a little rude but I really don't wanna be here anymore longer than I'm supposed to, she shaken me up and I don't know the reason. I just want to know what she wants, then I can fix it up and play it at her party. There is no reason to be all buddy-buddy with her.

It's not like I am going to see her again after her party, anyways.

We both start to sit down.

"Ah, yes of course. Actually, I asked my older brother to come, he wanted to know the details too." She said.

"Of course, is he far?" I asked.

"He texted me earlier that he's about 20 minutes out." She said with a nervous laugh.

"I see, well we can get started and when he comes I can give him a summary of the plan." I said while starting to get my things out.

"Oh okay! Yea, let's start." she chirped.

——-———————————————-

"Alright, and then here I want to—" Kimora got cut off by a voice I hope it's not who I think it is.

"I apologize for being late, did you already got started, Kim?"

My head snapped up so fast that I got dizzy. HE is the brother!? I knew she looked similar to someone. Is that why I felt shaken when I was around her? but why HIM out of all people!?

I guess I stared too long.

I noticed he was looking at me with an equal amount of shock I have shown. Quickly looking back down at the planning papers in front of me, I hope someone shot me right in the head but then again I still might've remembered him.