Marital Rescue

Clark looked stunned when he and Evelyn stood outside their house, which had a 'Welcome Home' banner hanging on the front door.

"You know, you had the same look on your face before we bought it, too. You couldn't see past the ugly windmill on the lawn. And said you'd never buy an old lady house." Evelyn explained with a smile. "Do you remember what made you change your mind?"

He looked down at the empty lawn. "I see the windmill's gone."

"Come on. Everyone's waiting."

"Who's everyone?"

They entered the house where a large crowd of people was cheering. Evelyn introduced him to a few of the guests, who welcomed him back.

Dr. Whale came up to greet him. "Hi, Clark."

"Hi."

"Look, I know this is a lot, but it's good for you. The smallest things can trigger your memories. Just try and have fun."

"Thank you, Dr. Whale. I'll do my best."

--

Hilary sat talking with Jack by the stairs. "You know why he doesn't remember? The curse isn't working on him yet."

"Hilary... Clark has amnesia."

"Which is preventing the curse from replacing his Pixar story with fake memories."

"Right, because everyone here has fake stories that prevent them from remembering who they really are."

"Right, and now's our chance to help him. We just have to get him to remember that he's—"

"He's Mr. Incredible."

"We just have to jog his memory by getting him and Ms. Richards together."

"Didn't we just try that?"

"And it released him."

Clark soon came over to them. "Hey. You're the ones who saved me, right?"

"Yeah, I-I guess." Jack shrugged.

"And, uh, you're also the only ones I know here."

"You can hide with us."

"Fantastic. Jack, you live with Laura Reed, right? You know if she's coming tonight?"

"No, she couldn't make it."

"Oh." Clark looked slightly disappointed.

--

Derek was in the kitchen with Evelyn, who was setting out food with a sad look. "You should go out there. There's plenty of food. Go. Be with your husband."

"I lost him once, now I have him back. But it's like I still don't have him back. You have no idea how that feels."

"Actually, I do. I lost someone once too."

"Really?" She looked at him, surprised.

"Yes. But the love I lost, there's no bringing her back. You have a chance here. Go to him."

"You're right." She put the plate down and began walking out of the kitchen. "And, Derek, thank you. Thank you for being such a good friend. It's been so lonely. I'm not used to having one."

"Neither am I."

"Well, like it or not, you have one now." She left the kitchen and walked up to Jack in the living room. "Have you seen Clark?"

"Um... he..." He looked at Dr. Whale, who shook his head.

--------

Clark spotted Laura Reed tossing a rubber band ball in her yard.