Austin 1

"If love is what it is claimed to be, why does it destroy you so helplessly."

I told myself I would never put myself in that situation again, but as usual, you never know what the future holds. As I lay back and think about Emma, I can feel the wounds on my heart starting to tear at the seams. You see, I cannot just stop loving her. She was once my world, my heart... She is my soul. Her smile will be forever etched in my memories and her laughter will forever fill my ears. I close my eyes and frown. It was better to love and lose, than to never love at all.

"Being lied to by the one you love is a like a piece of your heart being ripped out and shredded from inside of you."

Waking up is still painful. I wake up to the empty space that once belonged to Emma. No one will understand the daily suffering I go through. As I get up from my bed, I stare at my room. My heart shatters, as it does every morning with all these memories of Emma. I cannot bare to clear out all her things, or even move them. I rush through all the pain and get out of my bedroom as quickly as possible. I haven't sat down for a meal in my own house in ages. The memories are still so severe. I walk into the shower and turn the knob. A flow of ice cold water hits my spine. It's so cold, the water leaves me breathless. The temperature of the water rises. I reach for the blue towel, careful not to wet the purple one.I step out of the shower, pulling on gray sweats, a T-shirt, and some sneakers. I head out on my way to the local coffee shop, for some breakfast.

I enter Boston's Common Coffee Company. It was really quiet for a Wednesday morning. I walked up to the counter and ordered an iced coffee like I do every morning. I started walking towards my car about to head out to get some daily errands done suddenly my coffee flew at me. I got it all over myself. I got in the car and drove back home to get changed.