Emma 5

"I learned from my own mistakes, and I will not let others follow in my footsteps. Within every mistake is a lesson to learn."

Austin is a man that I once trusted with my life. I would have taken a bullet for him at any given moment, but obviously he misunderstood.

September 9, 2009. Typical party, I walked into Ian's party waiting for Austin. He is supposed to be waiting here for me. I walk around asking for him and all I heard were whispers and giggles after I walked away. It was working my nerves, so I walked up to Cassie and asked her what was going on.

"They're saying that Austin slept with Caitlin." she said.

"He would never do that!" I shouted."All I know is that Caitlin is not denying it," She said.

"Why would anyone believe her anyway?" I snapped back.

"Well because she never says no Em, not to anyone. Remember Freshman year and the video, she'll do anything, anywhere, with anyone."

"But I thought Austin cared, I thought he loved me." I cried into her arms.

I walked upstairs to one of the bedrooms and sat there balling my eyes out. I thought I had locked the door, but I guess not because Jessie walked in, in search of the bathroom.

"Oh sorry, I was looking for the... are you okay Emma?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said, wiping the tears off my face, about to get up and leave.

"You're not fine, what happened?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it, and I am pretty sure you already heard anyway Jess," I said.

"Yes, I did hear the rumors but it doesn't mean that I believe them, and neither should you, Emma. Badass yeah right, everyone was wrong about you." He said.

Wow, I actually laughed at that. He sat next to me, I didn't mind. He was one of the sweetest guys at our school. Maybe something good would come out of this. We talked for a while and then I kissed him out of despite. I knew he was one of Austin's closest friends, but something made me kiss him. I wanted revenge, and I was going to do it the best way I knew how.

Our kiss got very intense and that's when Austin walked in. It took Austin a few minutes to realize what was happening, but when he did, he ran up and punched Jessie in the face and walked out of the room. I got dressed as fast as possible and went out looking for him. I couldn't find him anywhere, I looked for him at his house but he wasn't there. There wasn't any sign of him so I headed home hoping he would call me yelling, anything just to know he was alright...

My parents were out of town, it was just me and my sister for the weekend, but she was sleeping over at a friend's house. I got home and Austin was waiting for me in his car. He got out of the car furious. He came in with me and it was just shouting at first.

"I go upstairs to clear things up and see if you were okay because the rumors got to me," he was enraged. You could see the anger boiling up inside of him.

"... and what do I find? You and my best friend, doing only god knows what."

"It's not like that, we got caught up in the moment." I tried to explain.

Then he grabbed my wrist. I asked him to let go of me, but he misinterpreted.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."