Prologue

Fashion archivist & stylist Y/F/N (your full name) style artists so hard we singe

Fashion archivist & stylist Y/F/N (your full name) style artists so hard we singe. We spoke to the perpetual fashion blogger & mogul about her IRL influences and fashion sense.

Interviewer: I'm going to start from the beginning. How did you get into archival fashion?

Y/N: I originally got it from my grandmother. She would always shop at Neiman Marcus, Chanel, Givenchy, Saint Laurent and Louis Vuitton. I'd often borrow pieces from her.

Interviewer: Is that how you started collecting archive pieces?

Y/N: Yes, actually. The first set archive pieces in my collection are Chanel bags circa the 80s which I got from her.

Interviewer: What's your favourite collection of all time?

Y/N: For womenswear, Chanel SS 1995 RTW by Karl Lagerfeld. It's what originally got me into learning about collections and watching runway shows. As for menswear, John Galliano AW 2004. That's what got me more interested in menswear. I actually want to style Kai Cenat in pieces from that collection.

Interviewer: Speaking of Kai Cenat, how was it becoming his personal stylist?

Y/N: It was interesting finally having the opportunity to style a male as most of my clients were females at the time. When his manager first suggested for him to hire a stylist his exact words were, "Ion need no stylist," but I think he grew to love and appreciate my work. I also appreciate him, he opened more doors for me.

Interviewer: What was the hottest trend for 2022?

Y/N: Micro skirts; Muccia Prada went off on the Miu Miu skirts in the 2022 Spring Summer ready-to-wear collection.

Interviewer: What's a trend you hate from 2023 so far?

Y/N: Definitely minimalism.

Interviewer: New York, London, Paris or Milan?

Y/N: New York; most of the designers there are younger and newer in the industry. It's excited for me to watch their shows. As for fashion houses in London, Paris and Milan most of the founders are dead and the new designers don't bring anything to new to the table, mostly references.