Fashion Week

Kai: Yo chat, look at the trash Y/N wants me to wear in Paris

Y/N: Not too much Kai. That's archival John Galliano from 2004. Y'all know I be having Kai look like Mr. PTSO. He just gotta see the vision for real.

I hated when Kai tried to make fun of designers, it may negatively affect if we could get pulls, invited to shows together, etc.

Kai: You just want an excuse to look at my abs, plus those clothes look hella sus.

Y/N: Now Kai, you know I wouldn't have you looking sus. Imma style it differently than it was on the runway. You don't gotta wear makeup or crop tops. Plus, this what's fashion and fashion week about, taking risks, being experimental.

Kai sucked his teeth.

Kai: Fine.

Y/N: Betters 'cause sourcing pieces from this collection wasn't easy.

-

Kai and I were in Paris for men's fashion week. We'd attend these shows together so I'd look at new pieces in collections I think would suit Kai and make possible pulls. I mostly dragged Kai because it was good exposure, so he'd become acquainted with designers and I knew he'd loved the after parties. Kai and I were supposed to go to a Dolce & Gabbana a while back but, we missed out on it because he wanted to stream. I had to make sure we didn't miss this one!

Most times, people assumed Kai and I were dating because of how often we'd hang out together but, in reality either we were working together or if I was styling him for an event, he'd ask me to attend with him since I was already with him.

Our last show for today was Dior Resort 2023. I knew Kai would love pieces from this collection because it was a collaboration with ERL and had incorporated streetwear. But of course I couldn't style these looks exactly how it was on the runway. There was no way in hell Kai would let me put a veil on him.

 There was no way in hell Kai would let me put a veil on him

-

After the show, we returned to our hotel room at the Ritz which of course was sponsored by brands. Kai and I shared a room together because we didn't have anything to hide. Styling Kai included me dressing him because sometimes he didn't put on the pieces correctly 😭. We didn't have anything to hide.

Y/N: you going to the Dior after-party later?

Kai: only if you go.

Y/N: Alright, bet.

-

That night, I wore the iconic newspaper dress from Dior AW00 RTW that Carrie Bradshaw famously wore. I wasn't a big fan of MGC, the new creative director of the Dior womenswear so, I stuck to sourcing vintage pieces.

 I wasn't a big fan of MGC, the new creative director of the Dior womenswear so, I stuck to sourcing vintage pieces

Kai was loaned newspaper shorts from the new collection we previewed earlier to promote so, he wore those to match. I loved the reference.

 I loved the reference

-

As we arrived at the venue, paparazzi were lined up ready to take pictures of Kai.

"KAI KAI!"
"KAI IS THAT Y/N?"
"ARE YOU GUYS OFFICIAL?"

We walked quickly pass ignoring them so we could make our entrance. After showing security our invitations, Kai and I headed straight for the bar.

Y/N: One strawberry martini please!

Kai: Don't drink too much nie.

Y/N: I know my limits.

-

After about 5 martinis later, I guess I was a little tipsy.

Y/N: COME KAI. LET'S DANCE.

I slurred. I was shouting just as loud as Kai does on a regular basis.

Kai: Okay Ms. I know my limits.

As the dj began to play P*$$Y Fairy by Jhene Aiko, I began to sway my hips sensually against Kai. I guess those martinis took the shyness outta me.

Although Kai and I never did anything like this before, he didn't make the situation awkward. He didn't stop in disbelief. Instead, he held me against his waist, guided me and danced with me.

-