o. Introduction

For optimal reading, this
book is best viewed in . . .
────────────────────────
FONT STYLE: Serif/Source Sans Pro.
FONT SIZE: The Smallest Size.
BACKGROUND COLOUR: White.
READING MODE: Scrolling.
+ With Internet Connection.
Happy reading, fellas!

 ❝ "What happened?" he deman-
  ded. "I heard an explosion!"

  "Yeah. That was me. I set the
  boat alight."

  "What?"

  "I set fire to the boat."

  "But we're on the boat!"

  "I know." ❞

── Anthony Horowitz,
Skeleton Key

SOMETHING STRANGE IS going to be the death of Bianca Vivafranca, but she wasn't sure what kind of strange just yet.

 Could it be the very, very strange world she lives in? Sure. She's survived an alien invasion, a car accident, coming out to her Roman Catholic Filipino family as a lesbian, Flash Thompson . . . that was only the tip of the iceberg. To die in ways stranger than those wouldn't be so far-fetched, and when you live next door to superheroes, the sky's the limit. She almost fell into a manhole when her friendly neighbourhood Peter Parker (Seriously, if he really wanted to keep his identity a secret, then maybe Spiderman should tone his voice thirteen pitches down) swung by from one building to the next. However, passing away so easily was never really an option for Bianca. Not only was she the child of two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, the sister of a taekwondo black belter and a trained arnisador herself, but the foolproof cure to all her illnesses came in pretty cheap: Katinko, starts at ₱30 at her local drugstore.