Chapter 15

Keelin made a noise of surprise as Lore's lips connected with her own but she did not break away as Lore's hands cradled her face and brought it closer to her own. Instead one of her hands pressed against the small of Lore's back and the other pushed into the mess of her braided hair. Lore kissed her deeply and thought of how right they felt, of how good she felt up on top of Keelin, kissing her. They kissed and kissed, their heads moving in sync until they finally parted to take a breath. Their gazes connected and Lore let out a soft sound of happiness and she leaned in and smiled against Keelin's lips. She dove in for another kiss and Keelin let her as she rose her upper body so they were both kneeling above the bed, entangled. Keelin laid a hand on the top of Lore's shirt, dragging it lower and lower until she met the buttons with her long fingertips. Although Lore had never done anything like this before, she nodded as Keelin kissed her while skillfully undoing the buttons of her shirt. And when they were all undone and Lore shed off the shirt, Keelin peeled off her own and threw it into the corner as they tumbled onto the bed, ready for a night of fun.

..............................................................................................................................

Lore woke the next morning with a pounding headache, her arm splayed across Keelin's bare chest. The two girls were entangled. A week previously Lore would have shied away, mortified, but Lore merely dreamily smiled as she recalled the previous night's events. She did not feel ashamed as she would have in Bellweather for even looking at a woman the way she had at Keelin the previous night. On the Crooked Skull, there had been no room for her shame and when it was pushed aside it revealed who she truly was. She was not sure what she felt for Keelin was - love, lust or something else. But she did care for her and she did feel for her and she did want to kiss her and that was enough for her. She heaved herself out of bed, quickly getting dressed. Halfway through putting on her clothes, she turned around to see Keelin having just awoken, staring at her. She smiled coyly, remembering what Keelin had said the first time they had dressed in front of each other.

"Enjoying the view?" Keelin clucked her tongue, smiling as she hopped out of bed naked. Lore stared down at her, remembering the things Keelin had taught her about her body in a way she had never seen before. Keelin sidled over to her, kissing her cheek before dressing herself. The two exchanged playful banter as they got ready for the day as they walked out of the cubby, they both had a certain glow to them. A glow the crew certainly noticed as they whistled and clapped as the two passed. Lore did not blush as much as she thought she would.

They climbed up to the crow's nest and to her surprise, Lore spied land on the horizon. Much closer than the horizon in fact, but a mere couple hour journey from their current position. Keelin, seeing her confusion, explained, smiling.

"That, girlie, is Nassau."

"Nassau? What's that?" Lore asked as for the first time in what felt like ages, she felt a tug in her heart from the ethereal voice. A tug towards Nassau. Maybe that was where she would find her goddess.

"A pirate 'ub of sorts. Lovely place, really. Best gamblin' taverns ye've ever seen."

"Gambling? I doubt I'd be any good at it." Keelin waved off her concern with a shrug.

"Nothin' ta gamblin' 'cept cheatin' and luck. Just 'ide 'alf yer cards 'til the end and steal everyun's money." Lore chuckled at Keelin's half-assed explanation of gambling but let the other girl ramble on about the various methods to cheat your way into large sums of money for a few hours, occasionally interjecting with her own questions. Eventually, the ship rolled into shallower waters and lowered the anchor beside the harbour. Keelin and Lore descended from the nest, a vast excitement filling Lore's body. This would be the first time she had left the ship since boarding it so long ago and her body was tugging her towards Nassau desperately, her magic flickering up and down in her heart.