IV

"Lucy..." Natsu called her as soon as they entered her apartment. She didn't look at him and just went directly to her room, removing her accessories along the way.

He followed her, his wings disappearing when he reached her bed. Even if her back was facing him, he knew she was upset even if she was trying so hard not to show it. He could already feel it while they were still in the restaurant. When she prevented him from leaving, he didn't force himself to escape. He stayed there but didn't even have the courage to meet her sharp gazes.

When the food arrived, the tension between them subsided a bit, but her coldness never went away. Lucy distracted her friends by bringing up school related stuff in their conversation so they wouldn't notice the food on her other plate disappearing without her eating it, and thankfully that was a success.

Guilt filled Natsu more, but of course that was a delicious food! He wouldn't let any chance pass, especially Lucy's still kind to him despite his secrets.

They finished eating around four in the afternoon, so the girls decided to shop a bit. During those times, Natsu was silently following Lucy with his wings spread wide. She wasn't giving him a glance, but he knew she was guarding his presence.

"Bye, guys!"

"Bye, Lucy!"

"Don't think too much of that dream!"

"Don't stress yourself before the exams, duh!"

After an hour of walking around the mall, the girls finally waved goodbye to each other before they parted ways. That's when Lucy finally turned to him. Her eyes remained cold, but she still forced even a small smile before tapping her shoulder once.

"Are you tired?" She asked when he's supposed to be the one asking her that. "Rest here."

Natsu did what she wanted and landed on her shoulder. He couldn't stop himself from snuggling close to her neck, his soft hair tickling her jaw. Then she walked their way home with silence around them. He only removed himself from her shoulder when they're near her apartment, his nerves started kicking in.

"Lucy."

She removed the ribbon on her head and brushed her fingers through her locks, even tagging on it a bit as if it would ease her frustration. She then turned to face him with her parted lips to say something, but no word was coming out of her throat. Shaking her head, she just forced another smile before going into the bathroom.

Lucy hugged her knees close to her chest as she sat at the corner of the tub, warm water relaxing her muscles, but not her mind. Even if she was tired, she didn't think she could sleep for tonight. She was afraid another dream would pop up in her head.

She wanted to cry, but no tears were coming out of her eyes. She was so hurt, but she was sure it wasn't visible on her face. Why was she affected, anyway? It's just a dream. The only dream that could make her feel this way.

She was confused. Why was she dreaming about them? She'd just ignore it if it only happened once. But no. She kept dreaming about them for the past three days. The thing was, she wasn't dreaming about the same scenario. It was all different.

From how they met, how they progressed, and how they ended.

The woman in her dream died. The Demon in her dream was shattered. Despite his injuries, he remained strong, but he had gotten emotionally weak. He was mourning silently while hugging her limp body, but she could clearly hear his pain.

Was that the end? What if it's not and she would dream more of it later?

Lucy was scared to close her eyes.