Chapter 4: Certain Death

After another cross test you were guided to your cell by Sophia and another guard. The test wasn't that tiring anyway. You just played and drew with SCP-191. She was a girl of about 7 years old and had blonde hair and was dressed in a simple, loose dress. She would be a normal girl if half her face and her right arm and leg weren't artificial. Additionally she had a breathing apparatus and thus couldn't speak. Halfway through the session you asked for her to write down her name, but she responded (by writing) that she didn't have one. So you decided to call her Evi, after your little sister you would never see again.

While being brought back to your chamber another pair of guards walked behind a young woman of around your age, you just turned 18 when you were brought in. She was about 170 cm tall and wore the same orange overall you had, but despite that she looked absolutely beautiful. Her blonde hair shone like sunshine, her eyes so deep blue that you could see the bottom of the ocean and you couldn't spot a single imperfection on her skin, nor a single bit of make up. She was a complete natural beauty. You were so entranced by her that you didn't notice you practically stopped walking. Unfortunately for you, she caught you staring at her and said: "Is something wrong?" It was the softest, sweetest voice you've ever heard. It was as of you were floating around in the ocean under the surface, the water all around you, comforting you, but not drowning you. Not weighing you down, nor nearly popping your eardrums. Her voice was like an angel, she was an angel. "You alright?" she asked once again. This snapped you back to reality. Discovering you had been caught, you became flustered and started to blush heavily. "No, no. I'm alright, thanks for asking though." you answered. "SCP-666, get moving." the male guard said. "Same goes for you, SCP-105." said one of the guards behind the young woman. Just as you wanted to move the sirens in the facility started blaring: "SCP-106 has breached containment. I repeat: SCP-106 has breached containment." Not even a second later the light turned off. "Fuck! Seriously, now!" one of the guards yelled. You were confused as to what was going on, as you had near perfect night vision. "Bring the anomalies back to their rooms and quickly!" said another guard. That's when you heard some hissing behind you, not the hissing of an animal, but the hissing of an acidic compound eating away at concrete. "Oh fuck, oh god. It's here! IT'S HERE!" yelled Sophia. You turned around and what you saw, absolutely frightened you.

It was a living body, standing nearly 2 meters tall. Most of it was in an advanced state of decay, swellings and holes clearly visible with the white and black puss oozing out of it. Countless wounds covered it, clearly festering, smelling so sweet it made you want to throw up. Its white eyes shining with malicious intent and bloodlust. Its disgusting, rotten teeth bared in a sadistic grin. It reached out to SCP-105, who was the closest to him, but never got to her as you pushed her out of its way. This made it grab onto you and the black mucus-like substance that covered its body came into contact with your skin. You experienced a hellish pain in your arm and you screamed: "AAAAAAH". That's when that primordial feeling came up again and you felt like you could take on the entire world. You bawled your hand into a fist, unknowing to you it's covered with flames, and punched the rotting body square in the face, causing it to slide across the ground and smash into a wall, making multiple cracks. You looked at your arm, seeing the damage caused by SCP-106 and it healed instantly, but it was covered by tattoos that represented flames. That's when it got up and charged at you with its hand stretched out to you. You dodged its swing and blasted it into the wall with an explosion from your hand. This made some cracks and a huge dent in the wall. It then got up and started retreating into the wall, leaving a big brown rust-like stain. You then felt a hand grab your leg and another intense shot of pain. "FUUUUUCK" you screamed and you looked down to see another erosion stain and a arm coming out of it, slowly dragging you down. You tried to get out of its grip, but it was as if your leg was stuck in a vice and with every movement you made you sunk deeper and deeper. Then the lights switched back on and everyone could see what was happening. "SCP-666, get out of there right now!" ordered the older male guard. "What?! You think I haven't thought about that myself?! It's impossible to get out!" you replied. You were now halfway through with your torso still sticking out. Frankly enough you could still feel your legs, so you knew that they were still attached to you. "Here, grab onto my hand." said Sophia and she reached out to you. You latched onto her hand, but it only caused her to be dragged to you. "Come on, come on. Can't let you get Lawrence's treatment." she said, grunting out of effort. She only slid closer and closer. At this point in time you were in till your shoulders. "I'm sorry, Sophia. It was nice knowing you. And teasing you." you said softly, with a comforting smile on your face and let go of her hand. "(Y/N)! NO!" she yelled as you disappeared into the ground, leaving just a big, brown-black stain behind. Sophia fell into the ground and started crying, having lost her best friend.

A/N: Hello dear reader. Thank you for taking your time to read this chapter. Tell me what you think. Criticism and support are always welcome and as always laterrrrrrrr - Dodominic2021