Chapter 1

Our pack has basically traveled across the entire Civaria region. We also own it to. There were times when enemies came to our territory, but we scared them off. Food is pretty easy to find, and we never struggle to find food.

We have a sturdy home and as said travel as a whole.

Grandpa and grandma went out to find food last night and we expect them to come back soon. Suddenly, grandma barges through the door.

"GUYS, COME QUICK, HURRY!" Grandma yelled.

Startled and confused, we all poured out the house. We were following grandma and we don't know what was going on. I didn't have a feeling it was going to be good. Grandma stopped out of no where.

"But...where...how...huh?" Grandma said.

"What's wrong?" Mars asked.

"Your grandpa was darted, but he was right here." Grandma stated.

"He must have been moved or something." Mars said.

"We have to find him, the entire pack will fall without a male alpha." Grandma said.

We were looking around until we heard rustling in the bush in front of us.

"Uhhh what was that?" Sierra asked.

There was silence for a few seconds....and OUT jumped grandpa looking very angry as if he just took a butt-load of steroids. He started attacking at Loki.

"HELP!" Loki screamed.

Grandma charged at grandpa, pinning him down but  she was struggling to keep him still.

"SIERRA, COME HELP!" Grandma yelled.

Sierra rushed to grandma and helped her pin grandpa down. Our mom knew what to do since she the nurse of the pack.

"Mars, go grab the syringe with purple liquid in it. Quickly!" Mom demanded.

Mars ran to the house. Everyone else was panicked including me. Grandpa was growling and barking and squirming around like crazy.

"I have it!" Yelled Mars.

"Thank you so much." Said Mom

Mom inserted the syringe into grandpas back, calming him down.

"Good  job guys." Said Grandma

I felt like I could have helped with something but if I'd ask then someone would probably tell me to stand aside. I feel like I'm not put out to be a leader. Am I not good enough for the pack?

The pack went back home. Grandma and Sierra carried grandpa on their back. Mom will take care of grandpa as she always takes care of our sick or hurt wolves.

"I just feel stupid." I said.

"And why is that?" Uncle Eragon asked.

"Instead of helping out, I just sat and watched like the bystander I am." I said.

"Don't be hard on yourself  like that, maybe you were too scared to do anything?" Uncle Eragon asked.

"Maybe" I said.

"It's a natural thing Duke. When your panicked you don't know what to do because your brain can't comprehend what is going on in the moment. That's how I felt when I was your rank." Uncle Eragon said.

"What was it like when you were an Omega?" I asked.

"There was only me, your mom and dad, and grandma and grandpa."  Uncle Eragon said.

"Woah, how did you guys survive?" I asked.

"It was hard but we had to do A LOT of breeding."

"Ew" I said. "Wait...how did you have my cousins? I asked.

"With your Aunt Nova." Uncle Eragon said.

"I HAVE AN AUNT?" I asked.

"Duh, how else could I have done it?" Uncle Eragon asked.

"Insest?" I asked.

"Really." Uncle Eragon said.

I bursted out laughing. I don't even know why I found that funny. I don't even know why I said that.

"All jokes aside, trust your instincts. As you grow older it will get much easier." Uncle Eragon said

"I'll take note of that." I said.

I can talk to Uncle Eragon about anything. He's the on I trust the most out of everyone, even my parents. Uncle Eragon has this special thing of his: Solving problems. It's his talent. Overall he's just someone I can vent to and I don't do that regularly. He makes me feel better about myself. Besides other people didn't help too, so I'm not alone, but I am the leader of my rank, and I should own up to it and make it seem like I am.