Mina

Mina stared at the blank wall in her blank new room. She felt the same as her room, empty. It had been 4 months since her mother passed and two months since her dad disappeared. Now, she had no one but her aunt Momo, who she now lived with. She was tired from staying up all night as she had for the last several months. She refused to sleep because when she closed her eyes horrific pictures stained her brain. Ideas of what happened to her dad would flash, or her mom's dying moments would pulse. Over and over these images played. Sleeping made her sick. As she stared at the wall a text from Momo pinged her phone that interrupted her trance. She picked up the phone and read it. 

"Hey sweetie, want to come eat breakfast?" Mina sighed and slowly got up from her air mattress because she couldn't be bothered to decorate her room. How could she? Everything that once made her happy, didn't anymore. Family photos weren't worth putting up. Music didn't make her smile. She did't talk to her friends anymore. Shows weren't entertaining anymore. How could she fill a room when nothing seemed appealing? She walked out of her room and drowsily went down the stairs. She went into the small dining room and sat at the wooden table where she saw a plate with a waffle on it. Aunt Momo then walked in and sat across from her with her own plate of waffles. 

"Good morning Mina."

"Morning". Mina muttered the words as she stabbed her fork into her waffle. 

"So, Tohru texted and asked if you wanted to spend the day at her house. What do you think?" Momo offered Mina a soft smile. Mina didn't reciprocate.

"No thank you." 

"C'mon darling she's been wanting you to go for weeks. I think it would benefit you." 

"I don't feel like it." 

"Hey kiddo." Momo grabbed Mina's hands which forced Mina to look Momo in her deep brown eyes. "Please, she misses you. She lost someone too. We all did. Let's try and get back to normal." Momo got up from her chair and went behind Mina's to stroke her long red hair. She brushed through it with her fingers. 

"Ok Aunt Mo, I'll go."

"Thank you." Momo stopped stroking her hair and aloud her to get up to go get ready. Mina hurried up the stairs and went to her room. She quickly brushed her teeth. Then she put on a green hoodie and leggings. She looked in the bathroom mirror. The hoodie made her green eyes shine. This small change in her appearance made her crack a small smile. She then hurried back down the stairs. She gave a nod to her aunt and they were headed out.

This trip would send Mina on a journey to discover herself and how she wished her life to be.