Davierra (One Shot)

An arrow passed at the corner of my eye, almost hit me to death. I could smell the desperation, frustration, fear, anxiousness, and blood of the people inside the arena. This is the battle of the demigods, the battle for the throne.

I'm Davierra from Area 6200, i'm not a half-breed or what you call a demigod just like the other people here... A battle was arranged by the gods to determine who shall be the next god because apparently, one of the gods died from the last battle of the worlds. they said, an empty seat must be occupied. The gods gathered all the demigods to fight for the empty throne. so, how did i, a full human, ended up with them?

I was making some bread for our bakery when an old man appeared in front of our store

"i'm sorry, we're still closed" i told the old man

"oh, no worries. i'm not here for the bread, i came here for you" he told me "i'm Patrino, the god of hunting."

i was surprised when the old man revealed himself... A god just showed up in front of me.

"Oh god, how may i serve you?" i bowed down as a courtesy.

"good thing you asked" he said and entered our store. i followed him
"i was hoping you could accept my offer"

"umm... what could that be?"

"The gods gathered the demigods for a battle against each other" he started explaining "one must be left alive, it is a battle until death. The last man standing shall be the next god, replacing the late Heve..."

i'm in no position to refuse a god...

"I need a representative, i'm the only god who has no children. i need you to be my child" that's what he said

i accepted his offer. in fact, i have no reason to refuse because i'm an orphan and no one will care even if i disappear.

Inside the arena, with the gods watching above us, thousands of demigods are gathered. You could see on their eyes their hunger for victory. The arena seems like filled of hungry predators looking for their prey. The centaur blows the horn, the battle has begun.

Demigods are yelling, screaming their lungs out. Stabbing each other, throwing spears and arrows. I only have my scythe as my weapon, Patrino gave it as a gift. i don't know how to start, i don't know how to kill.

An arrow passed the corner of my eye, almost shot me dead. A demigod is glaring at me, pushed forward to attack me. I couldn't move, my body forgot how to function. The fear is dominating me,

i don't wanna die.

I unconsciously raised my scythe and sliced three heads at the same time. That's when i realized, i have control on this battle.

i keep moving forward, slashing every demigod i could encounter.

I closed my eyes, i couldn't bear watching blood all over me.

this isn't me...

I keep on raising my weapon, killing everyone.

few are only left... A bullet hit my sycthe

again, i felt anxious of what might happen next

i marched forward to the boy with a gun, i jumped towards him and raised my weapon and sliced his body in half

i felt strange, it felt good.

I feel like a psychopath

i'm thirsty for blood, i'm craving for the smell of human flesh.

i killed everyone on the arena like an aggressive lioness

i want more...

my vision went black, i felt like someone possessed me

i'm on a dark room with water on the floor. i saw a tall pale woman with a long hair.

"Lady Heve..." i muttered under my breath

"Hi my successor," she looked at me with her empty dark eyes "i chose you to be on my throne. From now on, my soul will live in you,  i'll guide you through your journey as the god of death"

she disappeared and i'm still on the arena, standing on a pile of dead bodies.

"My child..." Patrino bellowed and gave me a hug "i'm so proud"

I won

I am now Davierra the soul eater, daughter of Patrino, goddess of death and ruler of the underworld. I collect soul with my scythe and will judge your soul where it belong.

May my judgment bring you in paradise and let me rest your soul in peace

See you at the gates