Don't pretend

"Working late again," Spencer towered in the doorway. He held up the coffees he had brought over. This had been a growing routine for them over the last couple of months. Spencer would join Sophia in quietest section of the library, where he would pretend to work as she worked. But really he just wanted to stay with her.

"As if you didn't already know," she cleared off the seat next to hers so that he could sit.

An hour in she slammed her laptop screen down, collapsing onto of it. "Arghhhh."

Spencer was shaken. "What's wrong?"

"Everything," she mumbled with her face still planted in her arms.

Spencer shuffled his chair closer and rubbed a comforting hand on her back. "hey, look at me."

Sophia reluctantly lifted her head.

"You'll figure it out. You always do." Spencer bore into Sophia's bloodshot eyes.

Spencer's hand dropped lower on her back as she sat up right.

He had waited so long. He didn't want to hold back anymore. The longer he spent with her the more time he wanted. He was okay with just being near her, but he was coming to the end of his tether. He knew he would give in soon. As seemed like that time had come.

He leaned forward, bringing his nose closer to hers. His breath blowing over her face. To his relief she didn't back away. Her heartrate picked up.

Spencer risked moving a little closer, so that his nose was touching hers. He was breathing in her breaths. Taking his other hand, he brought it to her left cheek. She looked up through her eyelashes. He was close enough that her shallow breaths were audible. He wanted to kiss her. And for the first time. He did what he wanted. He pressed his lips into hers, softly. His nerves faded when Sophia allowed her lips to mould to his. Then her was pressing into her harder and swiping his tongue over hers.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do this," he moaned in between breaths, his hands running over Sophia's body. He slipped is hand underneath her thighs and lifted her onto his laps.

Sophia wrapped her hand over Spencer's shoulder and knotted her fingers through his hair. Then she pushed him back as he tried to claw to keep hold of her. She latched onto his neck trailing her kisses her his neck and tugging on his ear with her mouth. "Should have done it sooner," she whispered.

Spencer held onto her waist, making her grind down on him harder as he reciprocated her neck kisses. Sophia might have been on top of him, but Spencer still had an advantage. He had mentally prepared himself for this. Sophia wasn't expecting it. He grabbed her hands, unwinding them from his hair and pinned the, behind her back. Sophia let out a squeal. It was a good job that it was 2am and the library had next to no occupants.

Spencer chuckled as he trailed his kisses down her throat and onto her chest.

"Wait," Sophia stuttered.

Spencer immediately dropped her arms. "I'm sorry did I hurt you."

"No... er... no." Sophia slipped off Spencer. "It's just we probably shouldn't..." Sophia began pacing back and forth. "Because like, technically you are a professor her and I'm a student and the power imbalance would mean..."

"Sophia... Sophia.... Calm down." Spencer gently turned her around to face him. "Here look at me." When she finally did Spencer continued. "My class has finished. You had your final exam last month and results were released last Friday. I'm no longer your professor. Why do you think I waited?" he pushed her hair over her shoulder, tucking the shorter strands behind her ear. "You don't know how hard it was to wait."

Sophia couldn't help but smile. "You really are something else. Aren't you Dr Spencer Reid."

"I have thought about you every day since I met you. I don't know why I'm so drawn in by you. You just seem so familiar." He caressed Sophia's cheek. She nuzzled into it. "So, Sophia April Quinn, would you let me try to convince you to be mine?"

"You can try," she teased, pushing him away and beginning to pack her bag.

Spencer lined up behind her, bending over the desk with her under him. He let his picky linger over hers as she braced herself on the table. Then he whispered in her ear. "Don't pretend that you can resist."

He stood up and backed away, leaning against a bookcase, watching in amusement as Sophia turned, still bent over the desk to look at him in surprise. "We shall see," she taunted back.