Zero

8:45 PM                                                                                                                                              Prologue 

Edward stirred his coffee in his run downed cramped apartment room. Attempting to not feel disturbed by the scattered mess, he eyed his television just as the news about Bruce Wayne was being presented. He took a sip of his coffee, as it warmed him up. Edward refused to think about Bruce since it'd only provoke him, and he didn't want his temper to falter. 

He held his cup, peering outside his apartment window. The air was rather freshly sharp; the perfect time for corruption. As he took another sip of his hot drink he caught a glimpse of the Mayor interlocking arms with yet another woman from the club. He pulled out his camera taking a quick snapshot of the Mayor to add to his wall of photos dedicated to Gotham's Lies. He pinned the photo beside the collective amount of pictures. He slumped down into his chair feeling victorious. The TV was still loud enough for Edward to hear, so he spun around in his chair sipping more of his bittersweet coffee.

He nearly spat out his drink when the announcement of Alice Wayne's return was confirmed. He ran to the TV, nearly gripping the sides. He pushed up his glasses, fixing his hair as if she'd shown up at his door. Yet, there she was, walking into the Wayne Manor; Bruce accompanying her. A devilish smile formed on Edward's lips. He was looking at Alice, Alice Wayne; HIS Alice. He had to see her, he needed to see her. But what would she say? would she criticize him? It was too early for him to meet the girl, but time is what Edward was running out of. He'd plan to meet her soon, very soon. Because he's waited too long and the angst had built up more than it should have. 

"what am I going to do with you?... Alice...Wayne."