Chapter 2

Emma POV
I stayed hidden in the closet my breathing getting slightly heavy. I covered my mouth as tears rolled down my cheek. It was the girl I never wanted to see again... Mary . She stole my bf from me and threatened to kill me. She even put a gun to my face once. Her words broke me down until I hit rock bottom. She was probably the meanest person on the face of the earth and she was way taller than I was. Her bright green eyes and light brown hair could fool anyone. It may look like an innocent girl on the outside but don't let her suck you in or else you'll hit rock bottom too once you see who she really is. In school when I had my boyfriend Jacob she would always say how I wasn't good enough and that he deserved better. But Jacob would always tell me she was wrong and that I was all he ever wanted but that was a total lie. On prom night when Jacob and I were dancing I decided to go use the bathroom but when I came back I came to a little surprise those two pea heads were glued to each other's face going at it. I walked up to them to
break it up but before I could say anything I got a face full of punch (the drink not an actual punch) She poured her drink on me leaving me crying in the girls bathroom in a stained dress and smeared mascara and Jacob continued to laugh and enjoy my misery. She even told me she would kill me herself or she would pay someone to. Now when ever I see either of them they laugh and whisper mean things about me. From that day on I've been careful with who I've liked and who I hang around because you never know the type person they'll end up being. After a few moments I saw the door handle begin to twist my face was full of worry as I hid more into the clothes around me. "No one here," the voiced growled. I smiled to myself and sighed in relief. "Check tomorrow!" Then the voice went into the distance and I ended up falling asleep inside the closet.
*the next morning
Mom's POV
Where's my dang jacket I wondered as I looked at the clock. I was going to be late for work and I needed to make a good impression since it was my first day at my new job. I better tell Emma to come down she has to leave soon.
"EMMA WAKE UP."
I decided to look in the closet to find my jacket but I found something well someone I wasn't expecting to find. Emma what are you doing in here?
"Long story," she laughed.
I helped her up and grabbed my jacket to leave for work.
"Bye hun."
"Bye mom I'll explain later!"
Emma's POV
After my mom finding me in the closet I had a lot of explaining to do. I needed to make sure my mom and I aren't home tonight because Mary and her little group are coming and I don't want her to be in danger.
*during school*
I got a glimpse of shawn during class and smiled at him that jawline can cut a carrot. I started laughing at my own joke. "Emma what's so funny?" The teacher looked at me and you could tell she was strict.
"Nothing mam."
"Good."
I lowered into the seat and looked at the clock when can I leave this place?
*After school*
While walking home I started to panic what if Mary comes! My mom is working late so she'll be fine. I heard a girly laugh behind me and I met eyes with the devil herself Mary. She grabbed me by the wrist forcefully pulling me to the side.
"Look you little brat I'm here to show you Jacob is still mine and will forever be your just an ugly girl who can't get anyone I saw you looking at that boy yesterday ha you think you could have a chance with him? Good luck!" She pushed me to the ground and tears slipped down my face.
"Don't worry I'll be back tomorrow!"
I looked at her and then behind me Shawn was staring with wide eyes. He ran up to me and hugged me tight.
"EMMA WHAT HAPPENED!?"
"Umm...it's...just...m...aar..yyy," I was struggling to speak my voice cracking.
"Here let me bring you to my house to make sure your alright."
I smiled.
"Thanks Shawn."
Once we reached his house it looked cozy and had home vibes my love for him was growing and I couldn't stop it.