Chapter 1

🅂🄲🄰🅁🄰🄼🄾🅄🄲🄷🄴

The moonlight peered through the clouds as the starry night sky looked down upon me, judging me for what I've done. I held the gnosis in the palm of my hand, and stared at it as it glowed a bright purple,

Nothing but sweet satisfaction filled me up as my eyes were locked in with it. I held it to my chest, placing it over my hollow heart. I felt warm, and at peace.

Stealing this risked everything. My position as a harbinger was at stake the second I ran off with this thing, refusing to hand it over to the Tsaritsa. I had to flee away into hiding.

I'm not the strongest with most of my powers sealed inside of me, and I know for a fact some of the higher ranked Harbingers would easily tear me apart.

Suddenly, I heard something. A soft rustle in the bushes were heading towards me, along with the following of footsteps stomping over, chasing after the first sound.

I jolted, turning around before a white cat jumped out of the bushes as a pair of arms reached out for it, snatching the cat within it's hands. A person emerged from the leaves, flying midair, 3 feet off the ground.

They had jumped up out of the bushes chasing after it in such a hurry that they tumbled into a spin on the floor, nearly falling off the small ledge before kicking their feet into the front of the dirt and stopping themselves from certain death.

"What the hell-.." I stared at them, still in a state of shock. It was a boy, looking barely a year over 100. He wore a green attire with a silly hat flopping off of his head, and his hair was covered up in leaves. His nose was stuffy, and his cheeks red.

His eyes lit up under the moonlight, and his braids swayed in the wind. His gaze flickered over to me, and I stepped back slightly, not knowing if he could be considered a threat or not.

"Ah.., I didn't know someone was here." He mumbled to himself as the cat tried to claw at his face. He sneezed, rubbing his nose, holding back the snot from dripping out. "Ugh..I hate cats.." he grumbled, holding the fur ball creature far from his face. "Achoo!"

"..who are you? You don't look like a local." I said to him, trying to cover up my face more with my hat, tipping it downward more. The boy got up, looking at me up and down, then staring at me directly in the eye before I looked away to avoid eye contact.

I was going to try and set an intimidation as a first impression, but it looks like I'd failed at that already.

"I could ask the same. Neither do you." He scoffed playfully. The cat squirmed in his arms as he tried to hold it still, sneezing as he did so.

"Is that your cat?" I asked, leaning in the take a closer look. It's fur was messy with dirt, but behind it's filth was a silky white coat of fluff.

"No," he replied shaking his head slightly to ruffle out the leaves stuck to his hair. "It's..-Kazuha's cat now I suppose. I just..achoo!! Chased after it, *sniff* to make sure it wasn't heading toward trouble." He shrugged, sniffling up his snot.

"And yet trouble you found."I held in my breath, telling myself not to say so, but I couldn't help but wonder what sort of face he'd make. "Why chase after it if it isn't yours? Doesn't matter if it gets hurt." I spat out in a bitter voice, sounding more heartless then usual.

"Yeah, *sniff* I guess I don't really care if it dies or not." He said, tightening his grip around the poor thing so it wouldn't escape. "It's my friend's cat though, and they asked me to watch it for a while." He played with it's paws, holding his breath as he did so. "He asked so nicely I forgot to tell him about my allergy towards them."