Shot I

SAI'S POV

SAI'S POV

Today is my wedding day.But I don't feel excited about it.How should I?Not that I am in love with someone else or like someone else but atleast I should have been given a chance to get to know him!

I can't argue with my parents.My dad is a diabetic and heart patient and mom is a BP patient.I don't want to give them stress.

It's not that I don't trust them.They have always given me the best.But what if he is not a good person?What if he is a drunkard?What if he is a chauvinist?I trust my parents but what if he and his parents told wrong information about him to my parents.

Maybe I am just overthinking or maybe I am not?Maybe this is the truth.

But you can't do anything Sai..today is your wedding day... you have to get married for your parents' sake.

While these thoughts were going on in my mind...my mother came to me and said:-Come on fast!Panditji is calling you.Dwaarpujan is done.

I smiled.Obviously it was fake.

I held my lehenga and went down.
As I reached down I saw him standing at the mandap looking at the stairs.Probably looking for me?

VIRAT'S POV

The fourth time I am seeing her...first one was in our roka.. second on our engagement.. third on Sangeet and fourth finally here.

What's her name again?Sai...yeah...she is so beautiful but is she beautiful from inside?Or its just the outer beauty?

We didn't even get a chance to talk to each other...my parents called me hurriedly back from Delhi...I work there.And then when I came back they fixed my marriage.

Atleast they should have given us a chance to talk once before our wedding.We haven't even exchanged our phone numbers yet and here we are getting married.God knows what my parents were thinking?

When I tried to argue that I should know her they shut me down by saying..."You don't have any girl in your life...then why do you have problem in getting married to her.I and your mom also got married without knowing each other."

They don't understand it was around 28 years ago.Time changes.Tradition changes.
I don't have any girl in my life but that doesn't mean I would get married to anyone.

They emotionally blackmailed me into getting married.I cannot absolutely cannot afford my aai pleading to me about something.I had to agree to her.