Chapter One

The cold autumn air was crispy and the frosty wind howled. The only sound audible was the hoots of the owls and the river flowing serenely. The mixed cool autumn leaves from the trees lay scattered substantially on the forest floor; they were in the motion of turning a brittle brown. 

The dark shadows of the voluminous trees loomed above the forest floor animals, detritus and and critters. 

The sun started to set. The sky turned a dark, crimson red. Prince Anthony and his pet wolf, Thessalia, laid on the grass and watched with an unwavering gaze as the sun slowly sank beneath the tall trees, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the misty clouds. The sun finally disappeared and the silvery stars illuminated the atramentous curtain of sky.

Suddenly, the clouds disappeared and the bright, lustrous moon shone down on them. The pale, crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky. It beamed over Cevistan Kingdom brightly. Prince Anthony looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity as Thessalia slept by his side, snuggling into him. 

A black to navy gradient was the backdrop for a full moon; the night sky so clear you could almost see every crater. The moon, a glowing yellowy white, loomed large, surrounded by an ethereal. Every now and then, a twinkle caught Prince Anthony's eyes. This was an unfamiliar sight for the kingdom where the little town's lights never went down, perpetually hiding the beauty of the nighttime sky. 

Prince Anthony has golden brown hair and luminous green eyes. His jawline is extraordinary and alluring to all the mermaids, maids, fairies and witches in the kingdom.

Suddenly, footsteps approached Prince Anthony. He sits up to see Bartholomew, a handsome and an ancient, archaic vampire. He looks at Prince Anthony with an unreadable expression. "What are you doing out here this late, my highness? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"The thing is, Bartholomew, I can't," Prince Anthony sighed. 

"Why can't you? A prince like you should be sleeping so he can face tomorrow's jobs and accomplishments."

"Earlier this evening, just before eight o'clock, I went to the human world. I'm in need of a beautiful girl who I will make my princess. So I searched the human world until I found the most beautiful and kindest girl I've ever laid eyes on." Prince Andrew stares into nothingness as he speaks. "Her name is Emory Franklin."

"How do you know that?" Bartholomew asks sternly.

"Because it was on her school books on her bedroom floor. I'm going to make her my princess. I'm going to make her the princess of the dragons. She is the girl, Bartholomew."

"Ah, I see." Bartholomew's lips formed into a straight line. "Are you sure this is the girl you want? Are you sure she won't betray you no matter the circumstances?"

"I'm absolutely sure. She's the girl. She has these dazzling green eyes and beautiful long, brown hair." And with that, Prince Anthony stood up, scooped Thessalia up in his arms, and headed towards the castle.

A/N: Here is a picture of what Prince Anthony looks like: