Chapter one- who am I?

"My name is Karly Kay Klever, and you will never forget it."

Let me just say this, it wasn't my choice. I didn't want to go to a public school for high school.

I had no friends when I walked into homeroom the 1st day. All I saw in front of me were jerks that flung rubber bands all over the classroom, girls with pounds of make up on but almost nothing to cover their boobs nor butt, and then guys in the corner, trying to humor themselves with jokes that I didn't even understand.  Glanced over to another corner of the room and saw a group of misfits.

I walked over and set my things down on the empty desk. I turned around and looked at the crowd in front of me. There was a girl who looked like a guy. She had almost no boobs. And her butt was completely flat.

"What's you name?" I asked.
"Jessica, and you?" She replied.
"I'm Karly," I announce. "Do you mind telling me who all these people are?"
"Well, over there," she points to a couple guys with football jackets on and spinning a basketball on their figures. "They are the jocks. They are players, and will do anything to get in your pants.
"Those-" she pointed to the boys trying to humor themselves with jokes. "Those are the boys who still thing they are in Junior high, and have no idea how to flirt, let alone get in your pants.
"The girls over there with their boobs hanging out of their shirts and butts sagging out of their shorts, those would be the perfect plastics, or otherwise known as the PP's. I suggest staying out of their way, and not messing with their boyfriends.
"Then, here's us," she glanced around the room. "We are the misfits." She half smiled and then looked up at me. "We are all so different. For instants, Miles, he is gay. Trisha, she's a transgender, Bailey, he's been held back, but still wouldn't mind getting in bed with him. That sexy beast." She licked her lips. "Me," she looked back at me. "I'm ADHD. I go crazy without my medication. And no one enjoys it except Becca. She's my best friend, who is also autistic. But I see her as anyone else. There is also Justin who is deaf, as you can see," she points to a boy doing sign language. "That's his interpreter, Miss Patt." I looked over and saw a younger female standing there signing back to Justin.

I went over to Justin and signed, "hello. My name is Karly, It's nice to meet you." He looked at me in shock. I learned ASL back in 2nd grade, when we found out that my twin siblings, Claire and Anna, were deaf.

Justin started signing back. "I never thought that I would have a friend who didn't need Miss Patt to talk to me."

I told him about my twin sisters, and told his that if he wanted to talk, text me.

My life consisted of peace and quiet all around me. When I went home, I heard nothing. But even in the dead of silence, the deafening screaming can be so loud. While many never understood how my sisters were born this way, I knew what the cause was, and I swore to make sure that i never did what my mother did while pregnant with them.

As I adjusted to my surrounding atmosphere in this classroom, I started seeing my future- what group I'd hang out with, what my high school education consisted of, and even what would happen to many of the people in that classroom. As for me, I saw myself with Justin most of the time. One thing i have noticed with my sisters and other deaf people I have met through them is that deaf people tend to cling to people who understand them without the struggle of communicating.

I took a deep breath, and thought one thing to myself. "This is going to be one heck of a year."