💫✨꧁33꧂✨💫

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 33

Anaira's Pov

"Did I really blow my entire paycheck on you?" I moved up and down, the process continued while I stuffed my face with chips. 

"I don't understand why you did," moving up and down, I agreed with him. "Even I don't  but I don't regret it."

I picked up the leftover burger from the side. I continued, my eyes fixed on the television playing Pokemon, "Can you go any slower than this kitty?" of course, my sassy mouth could not remain quiet and from below me I felt Karthik huff in sheer annoyance.

"My apologies your highness! I will try my best to go faster with you perched upon my back," he breathed in slowly and went down again, the television moved away from my focus at the best part and I sucked my teeth in frustration. I bit onto my burger angrily but Karthik snapped at me again for the fourth time in the last half an hour. 

"Can you stop eating? Food crumbs are getting in my hair!" 

"I see no crumbs here,"

"Well, I can feel the mayo on my shoulder,"

"Can you keep quiet?! Gosh, I am trying to watch pokemon!"

"Go and sit on the bed then why the hell are you sitting on my back?"

"I sit wherever I want,"

"My back certainly isn't your property"

"Oh just hush! Let me watch in peace!"

"Let me exercise in peace then,"

"Ugh fine! So much for buying you gifts," I rolled my eyes at him with a scowl as I stood up from him and dropped my ass on the bed, eyes trained on the television. Did I mention that we were back home? Yeah...well we got called back sooner than anticipated, Karthik said he had things to take care of back home, so we had to come back fifteen days prior.

I am still pissed about it. Royally pissed. My honeymoon time got cut short because of some stupid business that he needed to take care of, and also for the fact that tomorrow will be my last day in that office. I have decided to leave that job and start focusing on getting my book published, I am almost done with it. Though that was not the reason I am quitting-lets just say I pissed off some bosses with the constant leaves and now they had become impossibly rude, the colleagues pitied me but finally amongst all that politics and toxic environment...I decided to just hand my resignation in.

I hate the fact I have to leave my job because of some assholes.

Well folks this is what happens when you piss off egoistic bosses.

Karthik was left seething though when I told him, he knew my job made me really happy and even though he was Karthik Singh Oberoi and thus could pull some strings, he respected my decision and let me be.