Chapter One

2 years later

"Sam I've got another job for you," my best friend Tessa said.

After killing her mate two years ago she became my friend and manager.

Over the last two years, I've also become The Black Widow. The mate killer. Rejected women come to Tessa for a contract to kill their mate and I follow through, at a price. My price ranges from $1,000-$10,000 depending on his rank, not including the Alpha. Killing an Alpha male is $50,000 because he's an Alpha. Alphas tend to not reject their mates for their pack's survival lies within having a Luna run beside him, but there are the occasional few Alphas that do reject their mate.

"It's an Alpha."

I look up at her with eyebrows raised a tiny bit and she hands over the folder with his information.

Alpha Kolby Miller

Height: 6'4"

Eye color: Blue

Hair color: Brown

Age: 26

I scan the rest of his information and look at his picture his mate provided. Handsome indeed. A smile to die for and yet he doesn't want his mate. Surely, he knows the consequences of not having a mate, since he's an Alpha werewolf. Has his parents not taught him anything? It disgusts me that men don't want their mates. Are they stupid? Someone to have and to hold for the rest of your life. Someone that was destined just for you. It kills me that men don't want their other half. You were meant for them, why throw that away just for a free life or to run away with some other woman. It's just sick.

Growing up my father was always there for me, until that fateful day when I came home from school to find my mother curled up into a ball on my bed crying. He had packed his bags and left his family for another woman. Of course she didn't know because she was only human. She didn't know he already had a family of his own. A caring wife and a beautiful daughter that thought the world of him. He's the one who taught me how to shoot.

He was a sniper when he served in the military. One of the best. Could kill a man from miles away with a single shot to the head. That's how good he was. Taught me everything I needed to know about sniping. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and over the years I got to be just as good as him, to the point I was even better than him. I can shoot over three miles away and hit the target dead center.

Although, Tessa and I weren't friends she still knew of my shooting abilities. We went to high school together and were acquaintances. We hated how our society worked so we decided to take a stand, and make a name of ourselves when she decided that if men reject their mate they would be shot and killed. People may think that it's cruel but men need to be taught a lesson to not underestimate women in the slightest. We can stab backs just good as men do.

"Are you going to take the job?" Tessa asks.

"Of course, why wouldn't I? Men will learn from their mistakes to not mess with women. We're a force to be reckon with," I tell her.

"I'll let her know right away. Do you know when it will be done?"

"Within the week." Tessa nods her head and pulls out her special cell phone to call the lady.

-------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making my way towards Black Silver Pack, I check my phone one last time where his location is suppose to be at what time. It's perfect really, I'll be a couple miles away and when I get a good shot I'll take it.

Making it to my destination, I pull my car over to the side of the road with a perfect view of the target. Getting out I make it to the trunk of the car were I stash all my goodies. Stashing a few knifes in my boots I grab my baby and head to the lookout point of the mountain.

I make my way through the dense trees, and to the lookout point where you can see everything for miles. The perfect place for a sniper like me. Setting my baby up, I lay on the ground, feet flat and spread out. I pull the gun up to look through the scope. I always keep the range down for close targets but since this is a little further than usual I turn the nob so I get a clear view of the house and the target.

The wind is blowing a little but not enough to make the shot difficult. I was a few minutes early so watching the front door of the house I wait for my target to make his appearance.

Seeing some movement through the window I prepare myself to make the shot. The door swings open and out comes Alpha Kolby holding the hands of some tramp and some other man is with him. He wasn't suppose to be there! What is going on? Not letting the second man get to me I aim for the Alpha's head. Boy, is his little toy going to be in for a surprise when I put a bullet through his head.

Putting the gun in my shoulder and making sure the wind stays at a steady speed, I aim for his head. He's smiling but he won't be smiling for long. I pulled the trigger. A loud bang ricochets off the mountain as I watch the bullet wiz through the air right through the Alpha's head. A scream pierces through the valley and people are scrambling around trying to figure out what happened. I've watched enough and soon enough they'll be searching for me. I make my way back through the trees to reach my car.

"One of these days you'll be caught," says the stranger I haven't seen in forever, Sterling. He's leaning up against my car while I put my baby back where she belongs but keep the knifes in my boots.

"Until that day, I'm going to keep doing what I do best," I retort, "killing. Now if you don't mind I'm going back home. Home's where you should be too Sterling."

I get in my car and start the engine, I look in my rearview mirror. Sterling gives me one last cocky grin with a little head shake and runs into the safety of the forest.

Another successful kill and when they dig the bullet out of his head they're going to see my signature symbol: a Black Widow.

I wonder who that guy was that was with him?

**

Well what do you think? Let me know by commenting and voting!! Who is Sterling and the mystery guy?

Guess my little hunters!!

~MightyHuntress